𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

"All packed?" River asks as he pokes his head into my room. I nod as I tape the last box closed. "Awesome, Tavia's packed. Also, what the hell is a Chubby?"

I laugh and shake my head. "Her stuffed bunny, she named him Chubby because it had a chubby head or something like that."

He nods and helps me take the boxes out of my room. I smile as Tavia is eating a muffin, talking to Kai about school and daycare. He doesn't look too into what she's saying but it's easy to tell he's trying to seem interested.

"Ready to go?" I ask as I walk over and pick her up off the chair. She nods and holds onto Chubby as we all carry the last of my things downstairs, Tavia holding my bag since my hands are full.

"Say goodbye Tavia, we're getting a better home." I say as I try to control my emotions. She waves goodbye to the building as we get in the car and River drives us to his house.

"Welcome to your new house guys." He says as we pull into a long driveway with neatly trimmed trees lining the path.

"This is amazing." I say as I look at the huge house in front of me. It looks like a mansion.

"Thanks, it was my parents before they moved to Florida." He says as he unlocks the door and helps Tavia with her stuff. I grab as much as I can and follow him up some stairs to a beautiful bedroom.

Light grey walls with black and gold furniture and a white bed spread. There's a huge mirror on the wall and a walk in closet, completely empty and even a private bathroom, completely white with gold taps.

"This is amazing." I say as I look around it. River laughs as he nods to the closet.

"There should be enough room in there. I'll show Tavia her room while Kai brings the rest of the stuff up." He says as he walks out and across the hall.

"Holy shit." I whisper to myself as I open the closet door and just stand in it. I start hanging things up, my boring clothes looking lame in this palace of a house.

"Here's the last of your stuff." I turn around as Kai sets the boxes down and sits on the end of the bed. I quietly unpack my things, ignoring him as he just watches.

I can't quite figure out if it's creepy or if he's just an observant person. Either way he won't stop watching me.

"What did he do to you?" He suddenly asks, catching me a little off guard. I turn around and grab another box.

"You don't understand boundaries much, do you?" I ask as I put away my shoes.

"I don't mean that, you have a kid so I can figure that much out. I meant if he ever hurt you." He says.

"No boundaries and no sensitivity to certain topics." I say. He goes quiet and when I turn around he's standing practically over top of me. How does such a tall guy move so quietly?

"I dare you to tell me what he did to you." He says as he looks down at me. He has to be at least 6'4, and being 5'3 makes me feel tiny compared to this giant.

"You can't dare me to tell you something, that's kind of creepy you'd say that." I say as I try to turn around, only for my shoulder to be caught and turned back to him gently.

"It got you to keep the money, now tell me if he hurt you." He almost pleads as he keeps his hand gently on my shoulder. I start to cave as his scary look turns a tad gentler.

"He would just hit me and grab me, a few times I'd make him angry enough and he'd start to punch or kick. It was my fault though, I pushed him."

He frowns and shakes his head. "Nothing is your fault. And if that guy ever tries to talk to you again you call me right away." He demands.