Chapter 33 - Welcome Home

Saturday, February 28th

We sat there for what felt like eternity waiting, I don't know what we waited for but we just waited.

The nurses had come to check on us a few times, offering us a drink, we all denied. We only want one thing back and that's our mother, wife.

None of us know what to do in the situation, we've never been through it before.

They had given us mums birthing bag and her phone and things that she had taken with her, I'd sent myself the pictures that were taken but that just set me off. I cried every time I looked at it. To be honest I don't think I've stopped crying.

Harry hasn't left my side and I know it's not just because I told him not to leave me. Yes it's partly because of that but he wants to keep me safe. He said that.

Every now and again I pinch myself slightly, trying to wake myself up from a dream but it hasn't happened yet.

I forget about the babies until their cries pull me away from my thoughts. I had yet to look at them properly, meet them properly.

"I'll take her" I said to my dad noticing Hattie was crying.

"Thank you, look we better to home, they've said we can take the babies" My dad said making me smile.

"Louis can you take me and then I can bring the family car as they have the baby carrier car chairs or whatever they're called" He said giving a slight laugh.

Louis obeyed, passing Seth straight to Harry as they walked down the corridor.

"Oh yeah, we'll text when we are here" Louis shouted back faintly.

None of us had much energy, we had cried it out, even Harry.

What mum said to him really got to him and I could tell, he was going to so everything in his power to make sure he makes me happy. He did it anyway but now he feels like he has to.

He respected my mum a lot and will want to make her happy.

"They're cute aren't they" I said looking at both of the babies, breaking the few minutes of silence that passed.

I understand Harry probably didn't want to say anything in case he said something wrong, causing me to cry and breakdown.

He's very caring like that, he always has been and always will be.

"Yeah, very cute" He said looking down at Seth.

"Willow" He said softly.

"Mhm"

"This, this could be us one day" He said softly again, as if he was scared if what my reaction would be.

Of course I'm not going to shout at him. I love him, I really do and I don't know what I'd do if he wasn't here with me right now.

"It's could, that would be everything I've ever dreamed of" I said with a little smile and I could see Harry smiling in the corner of my eye.

I felt his soft touch on my thigh and him leaning towards me.

I looked up into his mysterious green eyes, them eyes that watch me like a hawk, keep me safe from any danger, protect me.

Our lips soon collided, the first time in over a week. I felt him smile into the kiss making me smile back.

This made me happy, he made me happy.

We stopped before it went too far, remembering where we were and that we had to brand new lives in our arms.