Chapter 20 - Congratulations

Monday, January 12th

Mum and dad were finally back from their 2 week trip to Wales they went on to see dads family and spend NYE there.

They've been unpacking and me and Louis have just been lazing around the house.

Poppy was here earlier, she stayed last night and saw me, and this morning she spent most of her time with Louis before she had to leave.

"Lou, Wils, can you both come here a second" Our mum shouted.

Me and Louis exchanged concerned looks. "Louis I told you they would notice that mums vase got smashed" I said darting him evils as he gestured for me to shut up.

"What is it?" Louis asked, I could tell he was now worried about mums favourite vase being smashed, and so he should be. It was his friend that did it.

"Er, can you both sit down for a minute?" My dad asked as I frowned but me and Louis both took a seat at our kitchen table.

"This will probably come as quite a shock to you, and please understand that we haven't told you for a while because things have happened in the past and we just wanted to make sure this time" My mum smiled at both me and Louis.

"Eugh what is it? Because if you're going on a 'break' again I don't want to hear it" I said removing myself from my seat but my dad told me to sit back down.

"It's not that Willow, that was because of financial issues. Trust me you have nothing to worry about there, neither of you. Your dads business if doing great" Mum said trying to reassure us.

"Mum just get on with it. Please" Louis asked, I could sense the annoyance in his tone.

My dad looked to my mum before she nodded at him and he began.

"Well you're mother and I, well just your mother, she's pregnant" Dad announced.

"What?!" I laughed in shock and happiness.

"No way?!" Louis asked surprised.

"Yeah, we're so glad you've reacted like this, we understand we are older now and after the last mishaps we were cautious"

"Mum don't speak about that now, we have something great to look on too, how far gone?!" I asked, I was so excited. I always wanted a little brother or sister.

"Just gone 6 months"

"WHAT?! Why did you not think to tell us before?! That's why you keep wearing baggy clothes and eating more?" I asked and she nodded.

"I just thought you were getting fat" Louis laughed making mum glare at him.

"Like I said we didn't tell you for so long because of the miscarriages before and the still birth and everything. But we have waited this long and all the scans are looking great. They're both healthy!" Mum said and dad began to make us a a hot drink.

"Both?" I asked shocked. There was just more and more surprises.

"Yup, me and your mother are having twins. Want to know something even better?" My dad asked and me and Louis both nodded.

"Ones a boy and ones a girl"

"Oh thank god for that! I could not have another 2 little devils like this one" Louis said pulling me into a headlock and ruffling up my hair.

"You're an asshole" I stated before taking a sip of the cup of tea dad just handed me.

"Willow we are going to have to have less of that language around the house now please" Mum said making me roll my eyes and laugh slightly.