𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖔

Start from the beginning

"If you lay a hand on her ever again, I will rip your tongue from your head and make you swallow it." The man threatens. I recognize that voice, the raspiness that I thought was so hot.

Kyle gives me one last look before walking out another man in a dark hoodie following him. The tall man turns to me, looking down and taking his hood off, his hair falling over his eyes.

"Are you ok?" He asks, looking at my side, now a deep blue and sore. I nod slowly, not wanting to make eye contact.

"Why are you here?" I ask as the second man comes back, taking his hood off and ruffling his hair.

"We came for a drink and he recognized your hair." River says as he too looks at my side. "That looks terrible, do you need a ride home?"

I shake my head. "I'm fine, I need to make a certain amount by tonight and I really can't leave now." I share as I cover myself, now feeling self conscious about being partially naked.

"How much?" Kai asks, pulling out his wallet from a bag. I put my hands up in protest. I want to work for my money, not get it handed to me. He pulls a wad of cash out, not even counting before he puts it in my hand.

"I-I can't take this. I need to work for it or I'll feel helpless." I admit as I try to hand it back. Kai just shakes his head and crosses his arms, taking a scary looking pose.

"Let us take you home, I can stay and make sure that creep doesn't show up." River says as he holds his hand out. I nod as they lead me to the back, both standing at the doors while I grab my stuff and leading me out to my car.

"This is yours?" Kai asks, looking at my car. I nod embarrassedly, I can see the Mercedes keys in his hand.

"I'll ride with you and Kai will tag along to make sure you're not being followed." River says as he opens my passenger seat door for me. I get in with a small smile as he takes my keys and starts driving.

"Did you hurt him? The guy that was grabbing me?" I finally ask as we sit in silence. River shrugs and leans back comfortably.

"I broke his arm, he probably headed straight to the hospital." He says, glancing over. "Did you not want me to?"

"No no, I'm thankful. I just, no ones ever done anything about him before." I say quietly. River gives me a sad look as he pats my leg.

"Where's your daughter tonight?" He asks as I direct him to my apartment.

"She's asleep at home. I didn't want to leave her but I had to work and I couldn't find anyone to watch her." I say, ashamed of what a bad mother I am.

"When we get there just make sure she's ok and relax. I can make you something to eat while you change." He says. I nod as he pulls into the parking lot with Kai following behind us, parking next to my car.

"Mommy?" I hear as I open the door. I feel my heart breaking as Tavia sits on the couch crying. I run over and hold her in my arms as she hugs me back.

"What's wrong honey? I'm so sorry I left you." I whisper as I kiss her bed head. She sniffs and rubs her eyes.

"I tripped getting out of my bed and I hurt my knee but I couldn't find you." She says as she shows me her scraped and bloodied knee. I knew I should have asked to get these floors done, all of the splintered wood.

"I'm sorry honey, I had to work and make some money. I'm so sorry you were here alone." I say, practically begging her to forgive me although I know she will.

"It's ok mommy, you need money for the home and my food right?" She asks as I nod slowly. "Who are they?" She points to the boys as they stand in the doorway.