Awkward!!

Nachiketh

"One cheese sandwich with Coffee." I ordered and went to take my seat on the table. Only to see an empty chair, where Ms.Dutta sat. She's gone!

Why did I behave that way? Ms.Dutta would have mistook me. How will I face her red shot eyes at the house? Today would surely end up both of us looking awkwardly at each other.

My food arrived, warm and tasty. But, my mind was replaying the whole sequence that took place with her. Minutes pass and my Coffee too arrived.

'Nachiketh, eat your lunch, if it gets cold, you'll end up wasting it.' my mind said.

Though I was eating my favorite food, my whole mind was revolving round the same sequence. Why did I even look into her eyes? I know how that scene reminded me of my Kriti.

Kriti, whenever she used to eat food stuffed with cheese, her cheeks used to be filled with them and it was always me, who rubbed off that food. She looked the cutest whenever she used to eat like a kid. She used to be my utmost source of happiness.

I realised, when my cheeks got wet that I had completely zoned out thinking about Kriti. I think the sight of Vedika eating like Kriti, triggered me to act that way. I need to apologise her as soon as I reach home.

My whole day passed in a giffy, but my thoughts revolved around Ms.Dutta and Kriti. I went home by 8 in the evening.

"Raju kaka, where is everyone?" I asked my house manager.

"Beta, Tara has prepared food and had gone to her house. Other helping hands are having a half day, since it's Saturday. Your wife, she's in the study room." he said.

"Okay. I'll freshen up. I'm so much hungry." I said and freshen up within minutes and was about to eat the food, I remembered about Ms.Dutta. I did not ask whether she had or not?

"Kaka, did she have her food?"

"Ma'am told she's not hungry, she'll eat after she completes her work." he said.

I nodded. I feel I should ask her. Nevermind.

Today's menu is Paratha, Chole, Roti and Curry. Yummy!
After completing I settled in the balcony of my room. These rains bring a whole different side of me. She used to love them. I was that person who never liked to drench in rain but Kriti, she used to wiggle and giggle in them. I have danced, I have enjoyed her very company in these rains.

Uh, oh! It's raining cats and dogs now. There would be thunderstorms any moment. As soon as the first storm broke, I heard something fall and break apart in the study, adjacent to my room. I ran into the study only to see, such a vulnerable state of Ms.Dutta. She was sitting in between the corner of the couch and the wall on the ground, folding her legs close to her chest and head hung low between them. She was shivering and the vase, which stood on the table had broken into pieces.

"Ms.Dutta, what is this? What happened? Why are you sitting on the ground? Why are you shivering?" I ran up to her and sat on my knees before her. As soon as she saw me, she stood up as though nothing happened and ran to our room. I too followed her only to see her sleeping on the couch covered herself from head to toe with a blanket.

What did just happen? Why did she behave like this?

                           .................

A/N:

Hello!
One more chapter!
Why did she behave like that?
Short chapter but important one.

How are you all doing?
Please stay safe and take care of yourself and your family.

Do vote and comment.

💛❤