xx, something about you.

act two, chapter twenty. something about you.

it was now almost four am. tommy and olive alone in a car, with a song blasting so loud, you could probably hear it from the outside. but neither of them cared — what they cared for, in that moment, was each other.

so olive turned into an empty parking lot and pulled the car into a spot. tommy unplugged his phone and made his way to the backseat, helping olive carry out stuff.

"here's a good spot, don't you think?" olive asked, after walking for a solid two minutes out into a field full of flowers and left behind items from kids through the day.

"looks good to me," tommy nodded and spread out the blanket, allowing olive to pull out whatever food she had brought. "you were right, i am going to be on edge with that sandwich."

olive smiled at this. she'd literally thrown that sandwich out forever ago, but since he was choosing to believe her — she'd let him. cause hey, free tommy torture.

"the stars are so cool, huh?" olive took a bite out of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. "i used to be such an astrology nerd."

"yeah, i remember," tommy said, reminiscing. "when you asked what my star sign was, and i said 'monkey' because i thought you meant my chinese year sign."

olive laughed hard at this. "i yelled at you so badly, then educated you on it until you knew everything about your star chart."

"and i still remember it!" tommy joined her in the laughter. "my big three are an aries sun, sagittarius moon, and scorpio rising."

"hell on wheels, is what you are, tom simons," she smiled. "mine is a scorpio sun, cancer moon, and a scorpio rising. november fourteenth, 2004 going strong!"

god, turning seventeen was anticlimactic. olive was dead sick — she remembered the exact time where she was born striking her clock, and how she sneezed at that literal moment. two words: fucking. awesome.

"imagine being the youngest person on the dream smp? fat L," tommy laughed, taking a bite out of his sandwich. "you suck—"

olive took this moment to mess with him. "OH MY GOD, YOU JUST TOOK A BITE OF THE MAYO JELLY SANDWICH!"

theatre really payed off, olive thought as she watched tommy spit the sandwich out. crazy how all it takes is a little emotion.

"that's so fucking weird, i didn't taste any mayo," tommy wrapped away the napkin and took the bread apart, being welcomed to the sight of peanut butter and jelly. "OH FUCK OFF."

he threw the peanut butter side at olive, hitting her directly in the face. she peeled it off and was welcome to the sticky residue on her face.

"tom simons?"

"yeah?"

"i'm going to fucking kill you."

those six words ran through tommy's brain, and soon, so was he. up on his feet in a quarter of a second, the blonde took off running as fast as he could — olive only a little bit behind him.

it was like they were kids again. olive has this distinct memory of when they were younger and playing on the playground, where olive would hunt tommy down after drinking her apple juice at lunch.

"OLLIE, NO!" tommy screamed at the top of his lungs, seemingly forgetting there are people who were sleeping in the houses surrounding them. "QUEEN ELIZABETH PLEASE SAVE M—"

he was cut off due to someone else yelling at them.

"tommy, are you seeing this?" olive whispered to the boy next to her. it's a fucking security guard. "oh, fuck me." they chorused.