i, happiness is a butterfly.

act onc, chapter one. happiness is a butterfly.

"shut the fuck up, tommy," olive held in her laugh. their teacher was going over the basics of filming (or something - olive didn't really know), and she and tommy were messing around. "i'm trying to learn."

"and i'm fucking frosty the snowman." tommy rolled his eyes, elbowing the girl in the stomach.

"i see the resemblance." olive grinned, making tommy choke on the water he was drinking. their teacher looked in their direction - while olive was trying to hide her laugh, she duck her head down into her bag pretending to look for something.

"adria, simons," the teacher called both their attentions to the front, making a few people turn in their direction. "one more disruption, and you two are done for the day in this class. understood?"

tommy cleared his throat. "yes sir."

"of course, sir." olive nodded seriously.

he went back to teaching, all eyes were taken off of the two teenagers. olive rolled up her sleeve and both of them uncapped their pens, preparing for tic-tac-toe.

olive was x, tommy was o. five minutes passed and there were marks of the game all over her arm; all of them being an olive win besides the one where it was a draw.

"mother fucker -" tommy whisper-shouted, losing another game. olive rolled down her sleeve when she realized he had said it too loud. "i mean -"

"you two, out of my class," mr baker said, fully done with the two's antics. "if you can't behave, then you need to go home and fix it."

tommy put his head down in shame, though a smile was still teasing on his face. olive did the same.

"out! now!"

each of them grabbed their bags, rushing out of the classroom before any classmates could make a smart remark as they passed by.

now, this may come as a shocker - people weren't the biggest fans of olive and tommy! crazy as it might seem, with the millions of subscribers they had, people still thought they were nerds. huh.

"our mums are gonna be so pissed off at us," tommy groaned as he tilted his head back in despair. "i'm gonna be grounded for even longer!"

"they don't have to ... know." olive raised her eyebrows, as if proposing something to tommy.

tommy smiled knowingly. "are you saying what i think you're saying?"

"depends, what do you think i'm saying?"

as if they had some sort of telepathy, they both snapped their heads together and shouted the same word, - "SANDWICHES!"

"you may be annoying as fuck, but you buying us sandwiches is something you're good at, and i'm willing to look past that," tommy patted olive's back, taking a bite out of his meatball sub. "and you bought me a cookie? you're pulling through!"

olive rolled her eyes. "boy.. i take us to buy sandwiches and you chose a meatball sub. and then you say you don't like balls..." she muttered the last part under her breath.

"i. am. not. gay!" tommy pounded against the table. "stop headcannoning it. i'm straight. i'm a woman lover."

"the closet is clear, tommyinnit," olive sighed. "it's okay to be in denial."

"I AM NOT GAY."

"oh, so you're saying something is wrong about being gay? wow. tommyinnit is homophobic confirmed?" she gasped, pulling out her phone and filming. "cancelled! real! not clickbait!"

tommy threw his cookie at olive's face.

"i'm home!" olive called through the house when she got home, slumping her bag next to the stairs - she'd take it up later on. "mom?"

carmen was in the laundry room, washing a couple blankets that tommy had spilled coke on the other night. he promised to wash them, but olive was pretty sure that he didn't even know how to start the washing machine.

"oh, hey livie," carmen smiled. "did you see the moving van out across the street? looks like someone's finally moving in there."

"where eryn used to live?" olive gasped and placed a hand on her chest. "rip my brudda. may he rest in peace."

"eryn didn't die - he literally moved a few blocks down."

olive ignored her mother. "he'll always be remembered. what a king."

"okay," carmen laughed awkwardly. "i think you and tom should go over there. see if there's someone your age. think i saw a girl that looked around seventeen."

"but - mom," olive dragged out the last word. "i was gonna stream tonight. having to bake something with tommy takes like, six hundred years. then i have to be watch him be all awkward with her..."

"i don't even know if there's a girl your age there in the first place!" carmen raised her hands in surrender. "i'm just saying, if you introduce yourselves, then you're seen as the good kids."

both of them looked at each other for a moment before bursting
into laughter.

"yeah, no, nice try though," olive leaned against the doorway. "whatever. maybe i'll make macaroons. everyone likes macaroons."

"with your luck, they'll be allergic."

- olive!
carmen being 'mom' in this version
warms my heart i literally love