Ch47 - Forgotten Best Friend And The Mysterious Girl

Start from the beginning

I don't know about Cecelia's side though. Maybe she had something to say?

I looked at her and noticed that she had a helpless expression as if she wanted to say something to comfort her friend.

Then, I glanced at Syl who was as silent as ant the whole time. It took me a moment to notice that she was trying to hide her presence as much as possible. She seemed like she don't really want the others to notice her so I just let it be. She had her own reasons.

"Well, due to that, I finally know who is the true friend I can count on. Rainbow comes after the rain, people say. Cecelia-san, thank you for staying with me all this time. And, forgive me for not treating you the best that I can."

"I-it is fine. I just do what I friend should do."

"Is that so...then, I am very grateful for that."

A moment of silence passed through. As a mere commoner, I just kept quiet and appreciated it. It was my talent to do so. I mean, silence is a good thing. How can people not like it?

Then, the silence was broken by Tiararose who smacked the table as she stood up and spoke. The sound of glasses and cup reached my ears but ignoring would be the best choice here.

"Then, let's properly introduce ourselves. I will be the first one. A pleasure to meet you. My name is Tiararose Resily Fraux, the eldest child of Fraux Household. There is nothing much to say about me except being a graduate of the famous Griatim School. To Hiiragi-sama, I ask you to pardon me for not giving you my true identity when we first met. As I said before, you can just call me Tia, without any honorific."

As she introduced herself, Tiararose— or Tia did basic courtesy of a lady of the nobility. Her beauty was proven with her elegance. If I am to describe her appearance, she would be a rose. Easily catching anyone's eyes just by doing nothing. However, the thorns on the stem would hurt those who tried to take it by force. From the beginning, she had some kind of strong pressure behind her. Although it was not really bothering, for those with weak heart, they probably wouldn't be able to keep calm.

"I will be the next one. Nice to meet you. My name is Cecelia von Firriel, the last daughter of the Firriel Household. I am just a mere lady of the nobility without any particular talent or appearance. Please treat me well."

Following her, Cecelia was the next one who introduced herself. Her speech was humble and simple. Like she said, there was nothing special about her if I am to see this normally. Yet, there was something strange about her that I couldn't make out. Furthermore, those who said that they are nothing much usually are the one with special powers. So, I guessed I shouldn't let my guard down. There was more to her than meets the eyes, or at least that was what I think so.

"Well, I am Kuro Hiiragi. Just a teenage boy with a little ability to play with ice. Recently, I just ranked up to the Rank C adventurer. And, about Tia. You see, I don't really remember what happened that night since I was drunk. So, I hope you won't be surprised or disappointed with what you will see in me today. I might not act the same as the drunk me after all."

It was better to be honest than giving hope to someone, that's my motto. The figure and persona that Tia met that night was me yet not me. It was probably one of my hidden sides I did not know. If she wanted to see that side of me, she needed to make me drunk again which I would not really like.

"Oh my, did I ever say that I want to know you because of your funny behavior?"

However, contrary to my expectations, she just smiled like a noble and denied me.

"Of course, I cannot deny that your behavior that night was certainly fascinating. Nevertheless, that is not the only reason I invited you here. I am also interested in the current record holder of the fastest party to reach Rank C Adventurer. Moreover, they are a duo of opposite gender and ranked up without causing any problems and normally."