21. Sensitive

Kaminari was slow to wake up, the pounding headache he had did not help, and when his alarm went off he found himself throwing the clock across the room before covering his head with a pillow and snuggling into the warm body beside him.

"Denks, are you ok?" Shinso asked, shifting so he could sit up. Out of anything he expected to wake up to it was not his boyfriend throwing the clock across the room.

"Everything's so loud," the pillow muffling his words. Shinso looked over at him confused, the clock was no louder than it had been any other day. "And the smell, and the lights, and everything." Shinso carefully lifted the pillow from the omega's face, but that was just replaced with his hands trying to cover his nose and ears while his eyes squinted shut. "Everything's just so strong a-and vibrant."

The alpha didn't know what was happening or why his boyfriend's senses had been thrown into overdrive. "I can get you some sunglasses to help with the light," Shinso whispered, trying to think of a way to help. Kaminari just nodded.

Kaminari didn't understand why this was happening. It was like he had been living with mute senses before today and now all of a sudden he could hear the heartbeat of someone who was walking down the hall.

That someone that the omega could hear the heartbeat of knocked on the door and Kaminari tried covering his ears to try to mute the sound. "Kami, come on if you stay in your room much longer you'll be late," Mina yelled through the door.

Kaminari just covered his head again with the pillow, letting out a low groan as the noise rattled his brain making his head pound. This made no sense.

Instead of Kaminari going to open the door, Shinso did. "Hey Mina," he said quietly.

Mina studied him for a quick moment. "What are you doing in Kami's room?" She asked. "And where's Kami, we have to leave for class soon."

Shinso scratched the back of his neck, a soft but unnoticeable blush crossing his cheeks. "I had come to get him for class as well," he lied. In reality, Shinso had stayed with Kaminari after last nights... activities. The omega had been very clingy and Shinso felt weird just going back to his room after that, so he had not argued when Kaminari asked him to stay the night. "But he uhh-" Shinso didn't know what was happening with the omega, so he had no idea how to explain it to Mina.

"Can you guys please be quiet? It sounds like you're screaming in my ear," Kaminari said coming up behind Shinso and rubbing his face. He had found the sunglasses that Shinso had been looking for and was now wearing them, along with a pair of earplugs he had had on his bedside table. They dimmed the light and dulled the sound so it wasn't too much to take in, but it could only do so much.

Mina gave him a worried look. "Are you ok?" She asked, now lowering her voice.

"Fuck if I know," Kaminari's muttered, annoyed, he could hear Bakugo yelling at someone in the common room, and Sero laughing at a joke someone told while Midoriya mumbled quietly about a new hero that made their premiere the day before. Normally, out of the three, he would have only been able to hear Bakugo, and MAYBE Sero if he tried hard enough. "It feels like I used to take everything in at 5% but now it's turned up to 100%. Sound, light, smells, touch, everything." His heightened senses did not help with the pain he felt in his lower back. "Can one of you tell Aizawa I can't make it to class today? I won't be able to handle this in class."

Mina nodded slowly, "yeah, is there anything you need?"

"To not have everything amplified," Kaminari mumbled before shaking his head and answering the questions without sarcasm. "Just to be alone, maybe it'll go away after today."

The others nodded slowly. "Ok, well I need to get ready for class, so text me if you need anything, ok?" Shinso asked, giving Kaminari a soft kiss on the forehead.

The omega nodded. "Yeah, will do."

When Shinso and Mina left Kaminari went to curl back up in bed, ignoring his slight limp as he rubbed his lower back. "Maybe it's a good thing I can't make it to class," he muttered, laying in bed.

After a while, the noise died down in the dorms indicating that everyone had gone to class.

"God finally," Kaminari muttered, taking the pillow off his head. He could handle the regular sounds around the dorm, it was the people that posed the problem.

Kaminari believes he would have until after school for anyone to come back to the dorms, but around noon he heard the main doors to the building open followed by footsteps. It wasn't any of his classmates, they were too close together and slow.

When someone knocked at the door Kaminari struggled to get out of bed, not wanting to leave the comfort of Shinso's scent that still lingered there.

Kaminari opened the door to find Recovery Girl. She was holding a clipboard and presumably there to check on the omega.

"Mr. Aizawa told me you're situation," Recovery Girl said in a quiet voice that was much appreciated by Kaminari. "I have a few theories but I need to ask you some questions before I can draw any conclusions."

Kaminari nodded slowly. "Right, what are the questions?"

For the most part, they were normal like what he had eaten recently, if he had had any medication changes, or if it were possible he came in contact with a quirk, and to all of them, Kaminari could say no to, or that he hasn't strayed far from his normal, everyday, life.

"And what about sexual activity?"

Kaminari choked on air. Why does she need to know that? It's not like it's her business! "I-I umm-" he couldn't form an answer, but that seemed to be exactly what Recovery girl needed to know.

"It's simply you're biology reacting you having sex for the first time. An omega's senses tend to heighten after sex as a reaction. Keeping you alert in case predictors were near. The instinct had mostly evolved out of our DNA, much like the extra bone in our pinky toe, but, it is strange you're senses are this sensitive." Kaminari's head was spinning. All he understood from that was that it was an evolutionary thing and got triggered when Shinso and he had sex last night.

"Will it go away?" He asked. "Because even just having you in the building is almost too much for me. No offence."

"None taken, Kaminari, and yes, it will go away eventually, usually it would take until your next heat, but since you're on suppressants I'd estimate about three to four weeks."

"Three to four weeks?" Kaminari whined. "I can't miss that much school!"

Recovery girl gave him a sympathetic look. "Soundproof ear muffs and sunglasses should help, and if you want, nose plug as well, but I don't know what can be done with your sensitivity to touch."

"I-I'll figure something out," Kaminari muttered. Now his classmates will probably ask questions and the amount of teasing he would get for the reasoning behind it all will be way more than he could usually handle. "Umm Recovery Girl?"

"Yes?"

"I-is this a umm is this a one-time thing or...?" He trailed off, too embarrassed to be asking the school nurse such a question. If his senses went haywire every time Shinso and he had sex then he wasn't so sure if he wanted to deal with the consequences.

"Well honestly, it's different for everyone. I've met some who have only experienced it when they become pregnant, and others who had only dealt with the sensitivity after their first time and it never happened again."

"P-pregnant?" That did not make Kaminari feel better. What if he was so sensitive because he was now pregnant?

Recovery Girl noticed the worry and tried to calm him down. "Did you use a condom?" She asked softly. Kaminari nodded. "Then you shouldn't have to worry about that." He nodded again, trying his best to believe her.

"R-right," Kaminari said, playing that over in his head 'nothing to worry about, nothing to worry about, nothing to-' but what if the condom broke? No, Shinso would have noticed that, right? He would have noticed. Kaminari had joked about it yesterday but now he wished he hadn't. "W-well umm thanks, it makes me feel a little better knowing why everything just turned to 100."

Recovery Girl nodded. "I'm happy to help, now I need to go, class 1-B needs me on stand-by for their training."

(Published May 28, 2021)