9. What Training Camp?

-Previously on second chance-

"I saw Takahashi leaving the table, what were you guys talking about?" Shinso asked sitting at the table.

Kaminari's brows furrowed as if trying to remember something he didn't have a memory of. "Takahashi? She wasn't here?" Kaminari said though it sounded more like a question. "So what'd you get?" He asked changing the subject.

"Let's just say it's to replace the choker," Shinso said keeping the bag with his special gift away from Kaminari.

"What choker?"

-

"What do you mean what choker?" Shinso asked. "The one that I got you the first time we came here," Shinso said, extremely confused.

"When we first came here..." Kaminari muttered, getting lost in thought. His brows furrowed as he thought. "I don't remember getting a choker here with you," Kaminari said.

Shinso stared at his boyfriend in disbelief. "We... we talked about it on the way here," Shinso said.

"We did?" Kaminari stared at the table as he thought. "I don't remember that," he said tapping his chin.

Shinso was worried. Kaminari wasn't one to forget something like this so fast. Was this Takahashi's doing? Kaminari had said he saw some weird things happen around that alpha.

"When... was the last time you remember talking with Takahashi?" Shinso asked trying to make things make sense in his head.

"Umm yesterday in class, why?" Kaminari asked.

"And when was the last time you saw her doing something suspicious?" Shinso asked ignoring his boyfriend's questions.

"Never? Takahashi's not suspicious Toshi," Kaminari said confused. Shinso was too preoccupied to realize that Kaminari was calling him Toshi again, even though he had said he probably wouldn't since it reminded him of the summer. "Are you feeling ok?" He asked.

"I should be asking you the same thing," Shinso said looking oddly at Kaminari. "You don't remember a conversation I just saw you having with Takahashi, and for weeks you've been saying she's suspicious and weird things seem to follow her but now she's... just not?" Shinso asked.

"Maybe we should go home," Kaminari said, concerned. "You don't seem ok." Kaminari lifted a hand to check his temperature.

"Denki, I'm fine," he said. "Just something weird is happening and I don't like it."

Kaminari wasn't sure how to react so he just gave him a small smile. "Ok," he said. "I still think we should go home now, Toshi."

"Wait, you just called me Toshi?" Shinso repeated. Something was up.

"Ya? Toshi, my nickname for you?" Kaminari's said now getting a little more concerned.

"But... you... you're right we should go back to the dorms," Shinso said getting up and taking a few of his bags.

Kaminari grabbed their lunch off the trays and followed Shinso. "So you're not going to tell me what you got?" Kaminari's asked taking Shinso's hand as they walked.

"No, it's for later," Shinso said. Honestly now he was t even sure if he should give it to Kaminari anymore, if he didn't remember their first trip here it probably held no more sentimental value than a coin you pick up on the side of the road, then again it wasn't just a coin so it would still mean something.

They caught a bus back to the dorms and dropped their stuff off in their rooms. Shinso was still stuck on what happened in the food court.

Kaminari had said he didn't like using the nickname 'Toshi' anymore because it reminded him of what happened during the summer but now all of a sudden he was fine with the nickname? Not to mention forgetting about the first present Shinso had gotten him right after talking about it on the way to the mall.

Something had happened and Shinso was pretty sure it involved that conversation Takahashi and Kaminari had.

While Kaminari talked with Mina and Kirishima, Shinso pulled Sero, Bakugo, and Todoroki aside to see if they had noticed anything strange as he has.

"What do you want eye-bags?" Bakugo hissed, annoyed that Shinso wanted to talk with them.

"Is everything ok Dude? You seem off," Sero said.

"Have any of you guys noticed anything strange about Takahashi?" He asked, getting right to the point.

"Takahashi?" Todoroki asked. "Other than her being a little too friendly, no, why?"

"She's a bitch and too loud," Bakugo grumbled.

"I always got weird vibes from her but other than that no," Sero said.

"Denki and I bumped into her at the mall," Shinso told them. "But he doesn't remember any of it," he explained.

"He doesn't?" Sero asked. Shinso shook his head. "How's that possible."

"Ya, dunce face's memory can't be that bad," Bakugo said.

"I don't know," Shinso admits. "I had to go grab something and when I got back I saw Takahashi leaving our table. I asked and he said she wasn't there." This was all very confusing. "Not to mention the fact that I brought up something we were talking about on the way to the mall and he forgot about that as well."

"Izuku's been forgetting a few things lately as well," Todoroki muttered. "Like the sports festival and the fight with... us getting rescued by my dad from stain," Todoroki said tapping his chin.

"I guess Shitty Hairs been forgetting stuff too but that hair for brains can't keep anything in his head for longer than a day," Bakugo grumbled. "but what do their shitty memories have to do with that alpha?"

"I might be overthinking... but I think it's Takahashi's doing," Shinso said quietly, glancing over to his boyfriend who was laughing about something with his friends.

"Even if it's not, I think we've all been feeling weird about her being here," Sero said nodding discreetly in the direction of Takahashi. she was heading over to them as they spoke.

"Hey, boys, whatcha talking about?" Takahashi asked joining the group uninvited.

"Nothing much," Todoroki said. As clueless as he could be he at least knew that this wasn't something they should bring up with her around.

"Ok, well I was thinking, since it's the weekend, we should all have a sleepover in the common room! watch some movies, tell scary stories, eat junk food, play some games," she said happily. "A few of the others have already agreed, so the invitation is there if you want!"

"Thanks," Sero said. "We'll think about it." He forced a smile and she nodded before heading over to Kaminari's group.

Something in Shinso's stomach churned, not liking her talking with his boyfriend again, so he followed her over and sat beside Kaminari putting an arm around him protectively.

Kaminari wasn't complaining, he fiddled absentmindedly with Shinso's hand as Takahashi said her invitations.

The omega looked up at his boyfriend. "We should join, Toshi!" He said smiling. "It'll be a lot of fun!"

Shinso didn't want to, but he wasn't going to let Kaminari go alone. "Sure," he said simply. "Hopefully the scary stories aren't as scary as at the training camp," Shinso said jokingly.

Kaminari stared at him for a moment. "What training camp?"