5

Ynna
April 28, Morning
Cemetery

"Our heavenly father, our family prays that You will find mercy on the soul of him.."

Nika, my cousin held my hand tightly and smiled at me a little like the pain we have will vanish. My mom and dad are both crying silently beside me while looking at the coffin.

"We pray that with his unexpected death, his soul may find peace that he has lived a good life and did his best serving his family, workplace and loved ones while he was on earth. We also earnestly seek for the forgiveness of all his sins and all of his shortcomings. May he find assurance that his family will remain strong and steadfast in serving the Lord as he moves forward in his journey to eternal life with Christ, his Lord and Savior."

I looked at everyone who's now crying silently. There were also people I didn't know who went for this day. Losing someone is hard as hell. Hindi ko rin alam kung anong mararamdaman lalo na habang nakikita ko na ang daming taong nagdadalamhati, nasasaktan at nalulungkot sa nangyari.

"Dear Father, take His soul into Your kingdom and let perpetual light shine upon him, may he rest in peace. Amen."

"Amen." Sabi ng marami bago isa-isang nag-alay ng bulaklak.

Pinunasan ko ang luha ko bago ako ngumiti kay Nika.

"Go, sunod ako."

Mommy also asked me para mag-alay ng bulaklak but I refused.

"Sunod na lang po ako, 'mmy."

Ngumiti lang siya sa 'kin bago hinila si daddy para mag-alay ng bulaklak.

"Sorry, I'm late."

Hyan kissed my cheeks and hugged me for a few seconds before he held my hand.

"Let's go give flowers to your tito for the last time."

I smiled at him and nodded.

Sabay naming itinapon ang bulaklak sa unti-unting binababang kabaong ni tito Eli, my dad's brother.

"Rest in peace, tito. We will miss you."

"Rest in peace po." Hyan also said before we turned around.

Agad lumapit si Hyan kay daddy nang magkaroon siya ng chance na kausapin sila ni mommy. Ang dami kasing tao na nagpapaalam sakanila kaya bago makalapit si Hyan ay hinintay niya munang matapos ang lahat.

"Condolence, tito."

Dad smiled at him and tapped his shoulder. "Salamat. You can go first with Ynna. Dito muna kami ng tita mo." He said to Hyan and smiled a little.

Nang makita ko si Tita Maki, tito Eli's wife, agad ko siyang nilapitan at iniwan ko muna si Hyan doon.

"Tita Maki,"

"Ynna,"

Agad ko siyang niyakap pati ang tatlong taon nilang anak na si Kelly.

"You can go to our house everyday tita, mom is always there. If you feel sad or anything, just call us."

She smiled at me. "Thank you, Ynna. I'm sure your tito Eli will be very happy to see that you grew well. Hindi ka man lang niya nakita for the past few months."

"Kaya nga po e. I'm sad thinking that I didn't see him even for his last breath dahil sa sobrang busy ko." She chuckled.

"But I know he's happy seeing you, Nika, and your other cousins happy with your life, and love life. I'm happy for you and Hyan, Ynna. Stay strong for the both of you, okay?"