ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 23

Start from the beginning

"You're so stubborn. You just never listen to me!" Qaeus said to her while staring deep to her soul.

It made Qaelust feel intimidated. Especially with their sudden close proximity.

"What is it this time?"

"I saw you left the party yourself."

"I went to the bathroom."

"So you're being picky with bathrooms now?" Qaeus suddenly giggled and let go of her wrist.

Qaelust quickly stepped back when the boy sat up. He held his arms to cover his eyes and started giggling like a little kid.

Qaelust swore she felt her heart tickled. The sound of his giggles just sounded so good and satisfying to her. The way his arms covered his eyes. The way he sounded like a shy little boy.
One moment ago he was just staring at her as if he's about to devour her soul. And now...

It's all so new and mesmerizing to look at. She felt somehow happy seeing this new and cute side of him.
But too bad it was just because he's drugged.

"Stop staring at me!" Qaeus whined and pouted. He removed his arm from his eyes and flickered his eyes at the girl.

Qaelust didn't know how she should react. It's like the boy is not Qaeus at all. He's like another boy in the body of Qaeus.

"You look pretty today. Would you care to join me for a dance?" The boy hummed and offered his hand to the girl.

Qaelust stared at it not knowing whether she should just stay put or keep him busy while Craeian and Selene looks for a nurse.

"I can't dance!" Qaelust cleared her throat and attempted to look away when Qaeus giggled again.

He sounded so cute and tempting at the same time....

"I can't dance too..." Qaeus said with his left hand somehow covering his mouth. Making it seem like he's whispering even though he's voice is audible.

"Where are we?" He asked and tilted his head staring at the girl. He then flickered his eyes again before scanning the surroundings.

"It's just us here..." he whispered again with the same gesture followed by a playful chuckle.

Qaeus stood up from the bed and waddled towards her like a kid. Qaelust tried to avoid him but before she could step away, she was wrapped around Qaeus' burning arms.

Qaelust staggered on her spot when she felt his burning temperature.

"Qaeus! You're burning! Are you sure you're alright?" She asked worriedly. Half of her consciousness are overly alarmed at their very close proximity.

"My head hurts. Why does my head hurts? Do you think ghosts infected my head and eats my brain?" Qaeus mumbled. His words turned muffled as he was burying his face on her left shoulder. His arms tightly wrapped around her slim waist.

"Y-you're just feeling funny Qaeus. C-can you let go of me now?" Qaelust managed to say and tried to pry him off.

"No!" Qaeus sulked and pulled her incredibly closer.

A short silence lingered them for a while...

Before Qaeus started talking again. His way of speaking returned to normal.

Qaelust would have been relieved if it wasn't because of what Qaeus is about to say this time.

"You know...."

"I can't help but always worry about you....."

"I can't help but always look for you..."

"I feel like if I let you out of my sight.... you might slip away..."

Qaeus felt something wet on her shoulders. A few seconds, she heard him sniffling along with his muffled words.

"I want to be always there beside you...."

"I want to see you all the time...."

"Because I know your head is as hard as the vibranium and you listen to no one."

"What if you get into trouble?"

"And I'm not there?"

"Or what if you find someone else?..."

"And what if it's not me???"

She felt his arms tightened more. Hugging her close to him.

Qaelust's mind is a mess.

What is he saying all of a sudden???

Is he confessing???

Right now???

But it could be just a drunk or drug talk that's making him say this.

"Why do I have to fall for someone like you?"

Someone like me?

Why?

What is wrong with me?

Qaelust looked at him. Her hand unconsciously stroked his head in a soothing manner.

"What's wrong with me Qaeus?" She asked whispering.

Not that she was totally offended.
Maybe a bit but she's more curious of why.

"Nothing is wrong with you. I'm just scared I'm not there all the time to protect you. Because you're a vibranium head!" The boy said as if he's actually sulking.

"Then why did you say that? Why do you ask.... why do you have to fall for someone like me.... what's wrong with me?" She asked. Her voice almost inaudible but still enough for Qaeus to hear.

"You're perfect just as you are."

"You're beautiful... and kind..."

"You're cute and gorgeous... like me..."

"You're savage... and cool... like me..."

"We would've look good together..." he said making both of them chuckled softly.

Qaeus suddenly parted from their cuddle. His face wearing a pained expression. He took a strand of her hair and placed it behind her ear. Then cupped her cheeks and forced out a loving smile.

"But you and I are stuck with the same friend that will never let us happen..." he said and a tear finally escaped his eyes.

The statement quickly made Qaelust frowned.

What does he mean by that?

It's not like Silver or Qaeus' circle of friends will be against them being together.

The girl attempted to ask...

But before she could. She felt his warm hands pulled her by her nape.

And the next thing she knew.

Is that a soft and plump warm lips was placed on hers. Engaging a warm and passionate kiss.

I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.