chapter thirty one

Start from the beginning

The secretiveness was exhilarating.

Both of them would be very warily and after a long day of not touching they'd feel like a deserted plant, yearning for something to quench their thirstiness. And it'd feel like a cascade would collapse over them as they were finally able to be themselves when they were home, alone and just the two of them.

It sounds eerily like an addiction and sometimes it'd also feel like one. They couldn't pass a day without kissing or touching and yet their hearts were doing somersaults whenever they'd just look at each other.

Love is so amazing and yet terrifying.

"Are you really ready? I don't want to push you into anything", the brunet gyrated his head around to his side, facing his boyfriend in the drivers seat.

"Yeah. You do know that this was my idea, right?", Sapnap's knuckles were white because of how hard he was gripping the steering wheel.

"I do. But I still see that you're not sure about this", Karl pointed out and nodded towards his hands.

The smaller boy pulled them down into his lap in an instant and took a deep breath.

"Dream already knows it and he's fine with it", he mumbled to himself, somewhat an extenuation.

"Of course he is. He has a boyfriend", Karl said it without any real emotions but still you could hear the amusement hanging off of every syllable.

"So George would be okay with this as well, right?".

"Yes. They're all gonna be okay with it, Sap", the brunet's hand found its way on the slight crimson cheek, cradling it with endearment.

Another deep breath later, the smaller boy opened the door and jumped out of the car. He was walking very quickly towards the small diner, Karl was hardly able to get after him. The diner was almost empty, just a few costumers were sitting at the small round tables, eating fries or other fast food.

The floor looked like a chess board and as if Sapnap wasn't already nervous enough, the floor made him giddy by just looking at it. He squeezed his eyes and looked up, finding green eyes to look at him. Dream's hand shot up into the air immediately, waving the two boys over to the larger table. Karl slipped onto the bench, next to Quackity and the smaller boy squeezed himself next to him. Their knees brushed slightly and Sapnap's face started to burn in carmine red.

It was smalltalk at first, loosening the already thick tension. After a while, Karl spoke up.

"We actually got something to tell you guys".

Sapnap started to fumble with his fingers, sending a wave of uncertainty through the already nervous body of the brunet. All of their friends were now looking at them, curiosity written on their face so majorly.

When Karl wanted to say it, to finally let it roll off of his tongue and end the exhausting hiding, he felt the knee of his partner starting to bounce up and down in such a quick pace. So, he closed his mouth and swallowed.

Suddenly, Sapnap looked up with a shocked look, his hand slipping down towards his shin. Dream was looking at him with an audacious look and his eyes were practically imploringly pointing out the uncertainty of Karl. The smaller boy was leaving the hard task for his boyfriend alone and it was driving the blond crazy. He knew exactly how hard it was for him to tell anyone about George and even though Karl seemed so comfortable and sure about his sexuality, it was still hard to say it. It was a final confession to himself, saying the words to not just him but also his loved ones. It was hard for everyone and Dream did not want Karl to do the task alone, seeing him struggling with it was driving him nuts.

The smaller boy swallowed hard and his slightly shaking hand was reaching out for the brunet's on the table, mollifying him and also pointing their upcoming news out. Dream's lips formed into a small smile in an instant.

"We're in a relationship", Sapnap said straight away, squeezing the hand of his Karl.

When no one reacted, they both felt their hearts sinking down into the depth of their stomachs.

Dream mindlessly slurred out of his cup, chewing on the straw slightly.

Quackity's and George's lips were quivering, causing the eyebrows of Karl to knit together.

"You thought we didn't know?", the boy with the beanie fell into a fit of laughter and the two other boys joined him after a few seconds.

"God, I even saw you literally turning around and walking down the path back to school and towards Karl's house one day and I even honked at you", Quackity wheezed at Sapnap.

His eyes wandered over to George and he was wiping his eye.

"How did you...", he mumbled befuddled.

"I may be colorblind but I see two idiots in love. Especially because I still know exactly how this boy had looked at me the time we were so deeply in love", his arm swung around Dream's neck, pulling him into his side.

"Were? I am still so deeply in love with you", the blond said, a coy smirk on his face.

George's face was red in discoloration. "Shut up", he mumbled.

"So, you guys are fine with us being-".

"A couple? Yes, we are literally gay as well", Dream piped in and poked the side of his boyfriend. He jumped in response and pushed his hand away.

Quackity smiled at the still nervous couple in front of him and he felt his heart warming up.

"I'm happy for you two", he said.

And it felt like a shiver running through Sapnap's body, making it relax and just feel lighter. He was finally able to swallow down the stress and anxiety that had caused this talk and he was finally able to breathe in again, not choking on the thick air that was engulfing him a few minutes ago. They accept him. God, they really do.

His little one didn't miss a chance and he placed his hand on the waist of Sapnap, pulled him also into his side and ruffled his hair. "See! No need to be so worried, these guys are literally all gay as well".

"I'm not", Quackity's statement was hardly to hear as Sapnap and Karl looked at each other, the relief so unadulterated in his green eyes that Karl only wanted to hug him and tell him that he loves him so much. And that's what he did.

"I love you", he whispered into the crevasse of the smaller boy's neck, earning a quick kiss on his hair afterwards.

Sapnap felt the smile of his partner growing against his neck and it caused his head reeling.

"Alright, I really love this double date thing that's going on right now but I feel kinda left out", Quackity's voice brought them all back into the diner.

And after a dramatic sigh of him, they all fell into another shared fit of laughter.

-------------------

Hey, thank you for reading chapter thirty one! I hope you like it :D

Follow my twitter cyleedd for updates on this and my other stories!

Stay healthy & ily <3