1

𝙹𝙰𝚂𝚈𝚁𝙰 𝙱𝙰𝙽𝙺𝚂

The summer had stepped aside and made room for the fall to rise.

I loved how the sun hit my face so perfectly every morning, as if to say 'God let you live another day so, go on, make it everyones problem'.

I meant it though, the radiant sun rays almost made me forget how uncomfortable my tiny bed was.

"Jasyra!" My mom's voice poked into my head, deeply. She called me from downstairs.

"I'm up!" My voice made this awfully embarrassing crack, every moring. I sounded like a dying giraffe falling of a cliff. That's mean. I take it back.

"Breakfast is ready! Wake up your brother!" How my little brother didn't wake up from my mom's daily shouting was by far what surprised me the most every morning.

I sat up in bed, only to realize that...

"Nope."

I laid back in bed, too lazy to get up.

Do you ever lay in bed and realize how not okay you are.

"Just two more minutes." I said to myself while closing my eyes and slowing drifting back to sleep...

"JASYRA!"

My eyes shot open, the next second I was up and going. Man, that was a rush.

I looked through the window, only to be welcomed by the ravishing sunrise forming in the sky.

See, that was the good part about mornings. Glowing sun rays, the late summer breeze and the smell of fresh rain.

But mornings also meant another opportunity to screw up the day. Another day in this sallow city. A city full of empty people.

Half heaven, half hell.

I didn't travel much and I didn't know what my future looked like, but I sure as hell hoped it didn't look like this.

I felt trapped in this city. I couldn't picture a future in it, no matter how hard I tried. Of course I could never confess to my mom. She would just laugh and tell me that I'm crazy.

Well, maybe I am. Crazy.

-

I made my way to the closet. It was made of black wood. Like all of the furniture in my small room. Which was only my bed, desk and well... my closet.

I didn't mind the size, we were already way better off than most people in this city.

I pulled a black tank and right after, a black fuzzy turtle neck over my head. My brown curls got a little tangled up in it, as usual. Nothing I couldn't fix.

I put black jeans with a silver belt on. Of course, the only boots I owned couldn't be missing too.

I know, an all black outfit. It's just what I felt most comfortable in these days. I didn't get any extra stares and I was happy with that.

I just wanted to stay invisible. Extra attention just brought my anxiety out and trust me, we didn't need that.

I pulled an average looking box out of under my bed, opened it and was met by two beautifully made daggers.