Chapter 3: The Legion

Three months have passed and nothing special had happened. The sun began to rise on a cold winter day. The hospital was less packed than before, but that was because most of the Legion got treated in their own med-bay. Today was the day Grant got out of the hospital. Adrian left two months before and Alena had joined the cities Assualt Legion which was allied with our cities Legion since they were busy when the city was breached. Alena used to give Grant news about what happened to the city and when it'll be safe to go back but Grant knew from his father's experience retaking cities cause mass casualties.

A list of K.I.A's was also given to Grant from Alena when Grant had a panic attack after remembering his best friend Malik. Out of the 548 graduates, that day 232 had died and 60+ were listed as M.I.A. For the Citadel almost 200 had died and 100 were listed as M.I.A.  Malik was nowhere to be found. But they also lost a few Cadet names in the processes.

Grant's parents waited for him in the lobby as his long-awaited release had come. It was like the graduation all over again. Lots of hugs and kisses. The only sad part was, Grant had to go to HQ for his enlistment into the Assault Legion. The reunion was cut short when Adrian called him, they gave another round of hugs and walked Grant out of the hospital doors to a city he hasn't seen before since his injuries restricted him from being outdoors.

The air was cold, every breath would puff out Condensation.

"Ahh, you must be the Harrisons," chatted Adrian putting his hands out. "Your son and I are very good friends. I've heard he's an amazing fighter from multiple people who know him well in the Legion."

"Is that so. Please take care of our Grant, I can't ask this enough," Grant's mother pled.

Adrian nodded shaking their hands and got into the car. Grant hugged his parents again before getting into the car. He promised to see them again and that he will remember to call when he's arrived at HQ. Grant got into the car as Adrian pulled away driving down the busy road of Olamard.

The city of Olamard was a sight to see. Skyrises filled with very important people. The President always came to Olamard for meetings but rumor has it he comes just for the scenery. Olamards city has a village connected with it. Near that village, there's the wilderness. Many people also don't live in Siege Domes as the cost of living in many cities could be unbearable without a stable job or knowledge from education. Luckily there are always Citadel members patrolling. The other side of Olamard is an ocean. The Siege dome stops just before it but many people leave just to enjoy their day during the summer. Olamard gets very cold in the winter and at night when it snows it looks like a winter wonderland. 

Entering the HQ looked like a whole new civilization. It sits near the Dome close to the ocean. The Legions HQ was outside of the Dome heavily guarded by guards on standby while also laughing and enjoying the nice winter breeze. Grant's eyes popped with excitement. The Legions HQ was a large campus that housed people, horses, armored vehicles, and even some transport aircraft. They had a huge armory and everyone could keep their own weapons.

Adrian ushered Grant into the head building where he introduced him to the Commander, the Legions numbers from Grant's graduation shorten by a few due to the deaths, M.I.A's, permanent injured, and those who gave up the dream of being in the military ever since the breach. The commander towered over Grant as stood up shaking Grant's hand before sitting back down. 

"I see, from your training records, you were outstanding with the MQ Dual Pistols," complimented the commander. "Many people go with cooler automatic weapons, some with even swords, only a select few can use Dual Pistols because of its fast fire rate." The commander stopped talking and looked around the office. 

"Sir, If I may ask, may we be dismissed so I can show him to his squad?" asked Adrian trying not to insult the commander in any way.

The commander nodded as both Grant and Adrian saluted and walked out of the office. They walked past a lot of training facilities, people using GABs, and even food being served, it was like school but more advanced. The 21st Shock Team, also known as Litmaras Vengeance was established, along with other squads, to fit the Litmaras refugee cadets. They are under the command of the Litmaras Assault Legion's Commander, who wasn't at the HQ at the time.