Once Again, We're the Bad Guys

Start from the beginning

A slight scowl caught on his lips and looked around the blue tinted coral trees around us. It was a pretty cool area to get washed up on. It'd be cooler if we knew where we were, but cool nonetheless. I still have no idea where the light is coming from that is illuminating the island and everything around it. "I know where we are, the others just aren't here yet. They're always getting lost," Zoro sighed, shaking his head in disapproval. I didn't get to smack him over the head for the absolute lie that just came out of his mouth because a bunch of guard looking guys showed up. We were surrounded by them, and they were all pointing spears at us. "Who're you guys?" he grunted, ready to fight. I activated my devil fruit, directing my attention to a half of them while he focused on the latter half.

"Wait wait! We're not here to fight!" one of them said, stabbing their spear into the ground.

I raised a brow, "What the hell? Then why are you pointing weapons at us?"

The guard made a motion for the rest of them to stop threatening us with their spears and he explained, "We didn't know how you two would react to us, so that was in case you lashed out immediately. We're here to take you to the castle in order for you to wait there while your friends are to be brought as well."

"How do we know that you're not lying?" I asked.

"You may leave if you feel there is any ill intent. There'll be food and booze-"

"We're in," Zoro spoke, stepping in front of me as if to override anything that I would have said against this proposal of alcohol. I knew he didn't care about the mentioning of food at all.

And that's how we ended up in the castle, competing over who could drink more. I don't know how logical this was, considering that we were in an unfamiliar space and getting drunk, but did it really matter when the booze was as good as it was? The answer is yes it did matter, but we didn't care. We could fend for ourselves even if we were intoxicated.

I could hear whispering from the guards, questioning if it was even safe to drink this much, but my eyes were trained on Zoro, who practically inhaled a ton of the specialized booze. "Top that," he grunted, wiping some of it off of his mouth. His face was already flushed from the large quantities we already had.

I grabbed my own portion and downed it just as fast. Granted, I almost fell back due to a thrown-off center of gravity, but I was still in the game. We were sitting cross legged on two opposite sides of a giant plate of food, just staring each other down like it would make one of us pass out first. "Alright, now it's your turn. You.. you know you're gonnaaa lose right?" I hiccuped and brushed some hair out of my face, watching him smirk and grab another large white container of the stuff and sit it in front of him.

"No way in hell am I losing."

~~~

"Boy! How can they sleep under these circumstances...?"

"Well they were drinking like crazy earlier..."

Footsteps rushed past wherever it was that I was in. "Hurry up!" "Yessir!"

"A lot of activity in the palace. What's going on?"

"Didn't you hear? Theres a..."

I stopped listening in on that conversation and sat up abruptly. I took a look around, seeing that I was thrown over Zoro's knocked out body so that we basically made a plus sign. Not only did I notice that, but I also realized we were in a cell. We weren't chained or anything, so I was fine. Anyway, since I got up first, I win the drinking contest. I climbed off of him and nudged his side with my foot. He opened his one good eye immediately and made eye contact with me.