"Dumb question honestly," April shrugged. "The question should be, are you going?"

I see why she asked me that, because they know how my dad is. Strict as he can be, and I really can't do too much for someone who's almost eighteen.

"Of course I am," I said, unsure.

April scratches her head. "Mhm."

Sara didn't say anything, just quietly looked at the street before her.

I rolled my eyes. Soon, Sara pulls up in front of my house. I tell them bye and got out of the car. My mood was shifted when I stared at my two story home.

Coming home everyday is something I never looked forward to, simply because of my parents, especially my dad.

Walking to my door, I dug into my purse to pull out my keys. When I felt the metal key, I pulled it out and put it inside of the lock, twisting it. As soon as I opened up the door and stepped in, I smelled food that mom has to be cooking.

Closing the door, I start to walk through the hall, trying to past the office that was near the front room when I saw my dad in it looking down at some papers.

But I failed when I heard my name. "Danielle."

Groaning lowly, I stop and go to the doorway. "Yes?"

"You really didn't think I wouldn't see you walking past?" He chuckled, looking up from a bunch of files.

I shrugged.

"How was school?"

"It was alright," I plainly said.

"Nothing happened?" He asked, trying to build a conversation with me.

"Nope."

My eyes lit up, remembering what I have to ask him. "Can I go to this party that is tomorrow?"

His face wasn't something that I couldn't read. He states at me for a few seconds before he answers, "No."

Just what I thought.

"Why not? Dad I'm almost eighteen! I've been getting good grades in school."

"No, because why do you need to go to a party? So you can get encouraged doing something you aren't suppose to be doing?"

I rolled my eyes, groaning.

I could never do anything unless I have to sneak and do it. It's been like this my whole life.

"You'll be alright. It's only one little party." My dad goes back to writing down in his files.

My anger only build up more when I saw him go back to doing his work. He always work. There isn't a day where he doesn't work. All day, everyday, even at night he's obsessed with this case.

I don't know what case it is, but I know it is a case because he's a detective.

I never really thought about snooping through his files to see what's got him so hooked these past two years he's been working on it.

I bit my lip, getting ready to ask the question. "What's so important about this case that you are doing?"

He sighs and puts down his pen to look up at me above his glasses that was on the bridge of his nose. "It's my job. You know being a detective and going through these cases is what I do. I'm invested to put a end to a lot of things here."