CH. THIRTEEN | With Grace

Start from the beginning

There was no one way to know if he would approve or disapprove, even knowing about what was to happen to her. She had good reasoning, but was this really the right choice? It was up to one's opinion, determining whether or not what she had done was correct.

Just as she was about to speak again, Levi showed up with Hange right by his side. They took one glimpse of the girls and immediately sweatdropped. From one's perspective you could've thought of something well... different than just a one sided fight about to break out.

"Y/N. Off of her." Levi ordered, watching the scene play out while Hange adjusted her glasses. Y/N huffed under her breath, hopping off of Rina and grabbing her arms to stand up.

"Well then.. I suppose I should get the interrogation started while you go cool down, Y/N. You will be able to join us once you're ready." Hange interfered, signaling another nearby Scout to take Rina before something else could happen. "Don't worry. I'll take great care of her until you arrive."

Y/N glared at Rina harshly while she held a grim smile, walking away into a separate tent with Hange. Levi stood behind with her, looking off into the distance.

"So what happened that made you end up on top of a prisoner. Specifically this one?" He questioned, changing his attention from the horizon to Y/N. She thought for a moment then sighed.

"She told me something that set me off. It was something personal about my home. Nothing important that has any value to us, nor me myself. It would be best to forget about it." She responded, dusting off her cape and taking a deep breath.

Levi didn't seem to buy her excuse but brushed it off. "If it wasn't important, you wouldn't have reacted in such a way. Besides the point, we're interrogating her in order to find out what exactly she knows on the scarce bloodline. Hange believes she could be telling the truth."

"Why is she so intent on believing her? This girl came out of no where with information that I'm sure is accessible to any military informant for Marley." Y/N claimed crossing her arms. She knew that if you worked for the military, you were allowed access to tons of files. All of the dirty secrets lying within some of the soldiers could be dug out too.

"This is the only person who has come forward with such knowledge. We can't afford to turn them down just once. It would be best to figure out what she knows. She even said it herself, that monkey son of a bitch sent her here for a reason." Levi spoke in annoyance, even just mentioning Zeke.

Y/N had heard about what happened with the two. Levi kicking Zeke's ass without breaking a sweat. She held back a giggle at his expression, clearing her throat to stay composed.

"Well then.." Y/N fixed her gear straps to her liking. "Why don't we get moving?" She was about to walk off before Levi extended an arm in front of her, preventing her from moving any farther. She looked at him with nothing but an expression of confusion, only wanting to hurry and get going.

"On a different note, I am still being serious about taking into consideration that Armin had no choice but to eat your friend for survival. He was their friend too for a little while until the truth was revealed."

"If you are going to blame anyone, blame me all you would like. But before you think about rejoining with my squad after that outburst earlier, talk to Armin. You might have just jeopardized your only close friendship." He scolded. "Think about it before you are ready to join us in the Commanders tent."

Finishing his lecture, Levi ran a hand through his hair and fixed the cape covering his shoulders before walking off. Y/N just stared at the floor, slumping her shoulders in defeat.

What he said wasn't a lie either. She lashed out from emotion, only caring that one of her friends was gone not realizing what he had put this poor island through. She only needed that leverage to let go of everything she was holding back. This caused to her somewhat ruin a perfectly healthy friendship with the only person willing to talk to her.