2

{3:23pm, Private Hospital of Tokyo, Ambulance Entrance}

"Osamu san, there's a very important patient coming in"

Akaashi Keiji, one of the higher up paramedics that were ready 24/7 for any emergencies reported.

Miya Osamu, 26 years old, professional Orthopedic Surgeon, Cardiologist, a regular doctor in the ER (short form for Emergency Room) and a person that was capable of a lot more.

Important patient?...What?...

He thought to himself as Akaashi excused himself.

He wore his white coat and got ready for the patient to arrive in the ER, wondering who it could be. It was always a nasty surprise, from patients who got a bullet in their stomach, to those who intentionally slit their neck and Osamu had to give them 38 stitches and still be careful to not harm any body tissue.

As the ambulance rushed into the hospital, the two main gates opened and Osamu was ready to greet the patient.

Looks familiar...

"Oh my god bestie you're going to be okay, don't panic-"

A guy with golden brownish hair with a volleyball jersey on, representing the Japan Volleyball team, spoke to another who had an ankle twisted in a very wrong position.

"KOMORI JUST SHUT UP"

The brunette yelled. He looked pretty cute from what Osamu would describe.

"I'M TRYING TO HELP YOU FEEL BETTER"

"IT'S NOT FUCKING WORKING"

The two of them continued to bicker around. Hearing a swear word being said out loud like that, some other patients that were also there for a normal day at the hospital gave the two volleyball players dirty looks, some covered their children's ears, Osamu walked over to them both and spoke up.

"Hello, Im Miya Osamu and I will be your surgeon for your-"

Before he could finish his sentence...

"Look, I just need my leg fixed as fast as possible, no need for the sweet talk pretty boy"

Rintarou said in a whole different tone before continuing to bicker with Komori.

"Oh uhm...try not to use profanities, there are little children here..."

Osamu said awkwardly.

Rintarou rolled his eyes sarcastically and totally ignored Osamu.

Rude...

The bed was pushed all the way to a private ward in the emergency room and Osamu would start his checkup on who he now knew was Suna Rintarou.

{4:10pm, Private Hospital of Tokyo}   

Komori had already gone home and Rintarou was left alone in the hospital, waiting for his scan results.

Meanwhile, Osamu was discussing with a few other senior doctors on what would happen to Rintarou's leg and estimating how long it would take for his ankle to recover, and...if he would even be able to play volleyball ever again...

Osamu sighed upon hearing the sad truth, what a pity...

He took the scans back to Rintarou's private ward just as one of the female nurses was changing the ice pack for his broken ankle.

"Osamu san"

The nurse bowed, showing respect for the well known doctor.

"I'll pick up from here, thank you"

He kindly said. The nurse then exited the room.

Osamu put the stack of documents inside the file that was hanging at the edge of Rintarou's hospital bed.

"Ew it's you again"

Osamu sighed and ignored Rintarou's comment.

"I'll need to readjust your ankle, and then we'll get a cast for it and you won't be allowed to put press-"

"Ugh just get to the point"

"I am..."

"Well, go on, I know I won't be able to walk, but for how long? And when can I play volleyball again?"

"That's the thing Suna kun..."

"Fuck the honorifics, and what do you mean by that's the thing?"

Suna had a worried look on his face, he prayed it wasn't what he was thinking...

Osamu sighed and sat down on Suna's hospital bed, showing him the scan prints.

"You see that fracture there?"

He pointed at a bone that looked fractured.

"Yeah...what about it?..."

Suna was anxious, Osamu could feel it too.

"It might be permanent, and your ankle needs 6-10 weeks to heal, so..."

"That means..."

Suna softly mumbled.

"Yeah, no volleyball"

Rintarou bit his lips, no volleyball meant no money, and he would have to depend on his parents or little sister. It's not that they were poor, he just didn't like being a burden.

The once loud and rude person was gone, Suna was totally quiet, he said nothing, he didn't make any other snarky remarks. He needed time to get used to the harsh reality he had to face.

"A nurse will help you change into the hospital gown soon, and then I'll come back to help you get your leg back into place"

"Ah, alright then. Thanks doc"

"Finally, a thank you, it's nice to know my patients don't hate me you know?"

Osamu says in a sarcastic tone.

Suna gave a low chuckle and looked at his leg.

Something just felt wrong tho...