Arc 2: Prologue

"Y/n, remember what I taught you?" A beautiful person looked at a little girl with warm and loving eyes.

"Yes mama. Always obey the headmaid and never break the rules." Y/n replied with her biggest smile.

"Very good." She hugged Y/n.

Y/n was a daughter of a lowly maid working in a Duke's household.

Her mother's ancestors has always been servants of the Duke Wallen ever since.

And so right now, she was trained to become one of them.

Even though everyday is tiring, what's important to Y/n was her loving relationship with her mother.

But one accident was enough for that relationship to be broken.

"Mama! Where's my mother?!" She sobbed as she held the headmaid's skirt.

"Y/n. Your mother is already gone. That's why from now on, I'll be the one to train you." The headmaid stated.

"Gone? Train?"

"Yes. Starting tomorrow, you will be one of Duke Wallen's maidservant. Rest for now." The headmaid left.

Y/n was only nine years old.

She didn't know what she would do without her mother.

"Remember what I taught you Y/n."

*sniffle*

But she was capable.

Even though she spent many tearful nights without her mother, she remained strong and responsible.

.
.
.

[Ten Years later]

.
.
.

"3rd day of spring in the 333rd year, I slept with my uniform on. Thank goodness Sheila washed my other uniform for backup."

"Y/n! Hurry up! The prince's carriage is already here!" Sheila yelled.

"Alright!" Y/n replied.

Y/n was currently writing her journal but since the crown prince already arrived, she quickly finished her writing.

"Okay I'm done. Let's go!" Y/n cheerfully grabbed Sheila's hand.

He two of them ran in the hallways.

The mansion was very quiet and strange today.

Y/n noticed that the other servants weren't present and every step they took echoed all over the place.

When they arrived at the main gate, what Y/n saw made her lose her feet's strength.

Not just her but also her friend.

"W-What is going on?" Sheila's voice shook.

All the servants, the headmaid and the butler were all killed by the crown prince.

"Take those two." The crown prince ordered.

"Yes, your highness." The knights answered.

The knights grabbed Y/n and her friend and made them kneel in front of the crown prince.

"You, what's your name?" He asked as he pointed his sword at Sheila.

"Me?! I'm Sheila! Please spare me your highness!"

*Slash*

Sheila's head separated from her body and Y/n saw all of it.

She wanted to vomit but the prince's presence was too overwhelming.