Arc 1: Prologue

"Y/n!"

"Y/n!!!"

You heard your uncle's shout get louder everytime he calls you.

'This is it.' You silently thought, your heart pounding in nervousness.

You already know what's going to happen once your uncle calls you like that.

"Yes- yes, uncle." You stuttered.

"Come here."

You faced him standing while he was sitting on the sofa.

He suddenly gave you a paper and told you to read it.

You read its contents and was surprised by this sudden action.

"What's this uncle? Scholarship?"

"It is what you've read. You'll transfer to a better school for better education." He smiled.

Something was strange.

Your relatives would never do something like this if they won't gain anything from it. Ever since you lived with them, you always knew that there must be a hidden catch.

"But." He said.

He suddenly grabbed your hair and dug his nails in your chin, causing you to wince from pain.

Your hands were already trembling from this experience.

"I heard that this school gives allowance to first-placers. You'd better place first and give us the money. Or else, we'll have to 'lock' you up again.

When you heard the word 'lock', you were reminded of certain memories that attempted you to kill yourself.

"No no no. I'll place first! Please don't lock me up. I'll give you all the money!" You pleaded.

He threw you off in the floor and this made you tremble even more.

"Good girl. You just need to listen to us. What we're doing was for your own good after all. Prepare dinner." He said and walked away.

'Lies.'

There was no way they'll do this for your own good.

You exactly remember.

When you were locked, your hands and feet were chained. You cannot see anything as you were blindfolded.

The room was very small and you were catching your breath.

You didn't eat for almost three days which was very unhealthy for a human being.

Once you were free from that room, your aunt keeps abusing you in all forms. Maybe it was better for you to stay in that room after all.

But once you were locked up again, the most terrible experience of pain happened.

You hugged yourself thinking those terrible memories.

'I won't go back there ever.'

You prepared the dinner, washed dishes and cleaned the house.

"Y/n."

It was your aunt.

"Yes, aunt?"

"I suppose you already heard from your uncle right?" She asked.

"Um yes."

"Good. Always place first in the exam and pay us back for raising you in behalf of your parents."

"Yes, aunt." You replied, your voice devoid of any emotions.

"Here. You can eat this." She gave you an apple.

You wondered why she's suddenly doing this. They never give you food. You only eat secretly once you prepare their food.

They were acting strange today.

"Thank you, aunt."

"Hm."

You went upstairs to your room and went to sleep.

...

Bang!

"Wake up Y/n!! Time to go to school!" Your aunt banged the door.

You forgot that you were transferring today.

You went to take a bath, dressed up, and prepared your things for school.

This time, you didn't have to wear bandages when you go to school.

You ate the apple that your aunt gave you last time.

"I'll get going now. Aunt, uncle."

Your uncle stepped forward and said; "Remember our deal."

This sent chills to your spine.

"Yes, uncle."

You walked to school since it only took ten minutes to go there.

When you arrived at the location, there were cars, limousines and butlers that served students.

You figured that this was a rich school. And you didn't belong there. But you had one goal in mind.

You walked and went inside.

You arrived at the office of teachers and went to look for your assigned adviser.

"Excuse me. Is Ms. Carnation here?" You asked in a soft voice that made all eyes look towards you.

"Oh, I'm here!" She waved her hand and you walked towards her.

"So you're Y/n L/n?"

You nodded.

"Alright. Come with me."

You followed her until you arrived at a certain room.

She opened the door and you followed her.

The noisy class became quiet once you walked inside.

"Alright everyone! We have a new transferee. Please introduce yourself." Ms. Carnation said.

"Hello everyone. My name is Y/n L/n. Pleased to meet you." You introduced and bowed.

You heard whisperings after you introduced yourself.

"Have you seen her before?"

"I dunno."

"She looks like a b'tch."

"Okay stop. You can sit there in front beside the door. You're small so it's better for you to be in front. Take care of her class." The teacher silenced them.

"Yes, Miss." The class replied in unison.

You sat in your assigned seat and prepared yourself.

But then, you felt one's chilling gaze.

You looked everywhere only to see two pair of dark red eyes.

He was smiling at you beautifully.

You disregarded it and looked away.

Right now, the only thing in your mind was to place first in the exams.