𝑈𝑛𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝐻𝑎𝑡𝑟𝑒𝑑 - 𝐴𝑛𝑔𝑠𝑡

As the sun rose, so did Eliza. The girl got out of bed quickly, running out her door to watch the sunrise. Sure, she had seen it millions of time... literally. Eliza had been alive for over 10,000 years, and she wasn't going to die anytime soon.

Elizabeth Schuyler. As the goddess of love, everything loved to be around Eliza. She was bright, happy, and attracted basically everything.

That is... everything except Maria.

Maria Lewis. Goddess of war, known to be brutal and unyielding. She was probably asleep, Eliza thought, and her thoughts drifted to the older girl. She had been alive for a couple thousand years longer than Eliza, but she was truly stunning.

Sure, Eliza wouldn't openly admit that she thought the girl was pretty. She had sworn the first time she met the girl that they would never be friends. Yet, for some reason, she still felt pulled towards the girl. Shaking her head, Eliza focused on what was around her. The rising sun that tinted the sky a light shade of pink, the birds that chirped softly, the slight breeze that blew on her hair gently.

She relaxed in the environment, content with her surroundings. That was, until she was suddenly interrupted. Her eyes shot open as she heard the noise, the sound of a door slamming. The only people who lived in the area were her, her sisters, and Maria.

Eliza's older sister, Angelica Schuyler. The goddess of wisdom. A smart girl, calculated and helpful.

Eliza's younger sister, Peggy Schuyler. Goddess of chance, Peggy was against Eliza and Maria's fighting.

Eliza knew neither of her sisters would be awake so early in the morning, but it was even more unlikely that Maria had gotten up early. Turning, Eliza was stunned by what she saw.

Maria, wearing a red dress with her hair down, walking out of her home to stare at the sky. Her arms were crossed, but she didn't look angry...

Sensing someone was looking at her, Maria turned in Eliza's direction only for the younger girl to look away. She rolled her eyes before looking back at the sky. Eliza had never been her favorite person, and they were complete opposites. They disagreed over anything and everything, and Maria was sure that the younger girl was doing it just to spite her.

Though, through all the disagreements, Maria still couldn't help but have a soft spot for the girl. It wasn't like she agreed with Eliza's opinions... but she did want to see the younger girl happy.

However, with both of the girls being stubborn, they both assumed the other hated them. Unknowingly, they had been deemed unofficial enemies, and were pitted against each other in battle.

The battles...

They were a series of challenges made to pin Gods and Goddesses against each other and keep grudges going. At first they started as ways to punish those who had betrayed the gods, making them battle the people who they cared about most.

Over time, the battles had slowly stopped being used and punishment and more for entertainment. Gods and Goddesses no longer died, but it had become a place to showcase power. Every two months, two of the immortal beings were picked. They had two weeks to train, to harvest their power and control it.

So, there stood Eliza and Maria, face to face in what had been dubbed 'The Ring'. Eliza wore a long blue dress, her hair tied up into a ponytail. Maria was across from her, in a short red dress and her hair braided down her back.

The two stared at each other, and the crowd cheered. Maria, not thinking about what she was doing, decided to demonstrate her power first. She thought it would give her the upper hand, but if only she knew how wrong she was.

With that, Maria threw her arms forward, shoving her energy towards Eliza. She thought it would be fine.. thought that the negative energies wouldn't effect the girl. She had forgotten though, that Eliza wasn't made for war. She wasn't made to hate, wasn't made to distrust people.

She was made to love.

Maria tried to call back the energy but it was too late. It had gotten to the younger girl, and it was too late for Maria to call it back. Eliza's eyes grew darker, and the girl slowly seemed scarier. Maria knew she had messed up, but she also knew she couldn't fix her mistake.

All she could do was watch as the energy took Eliza over, leaving her different than she had been before. There was no more light in her eyes, no more sweet smile on her face, no more love.

All that was left was dark, unending hatred.