S6 - Chapter Eleven: New Beginning

Start from the beginning

"My grandma had given it to my father when he was ready to propose to my mother then my mother gave it to Elliot when he was ready to propose to me" She explained and my heart warmed at that, "So, I kept it all this time because I knew that somehow I were still going to give it to your partner when he was ready to propose" She said smiling at me before she grabbed my hand, squeezing it, "I'm so happy that your partner is Glenn. He is better than the best I could ever ask for you" She added and I smiled then nodded my head.

"It's a shame that this ring has to stop with me" I said playing with it and she took her hand back then put her hands together.

"Never say never, even in this world" She told me and I sighed as I looked out at the community before I dropped my head.

"I don't want to sound ungrateful but I'm not even going to have a wedding so I think I have the right to say never" I told her and she sighed in awe as Chase joined us on the porch.

Then, Judith started crying.

"Here, let me take her and I'll look after her while you are with Chase" Na-Ru said standing up then took Judith from me before she started to calm the baby down as she went back inside.

"Are you ready for your session?" Chase asked me and I sighed as I looked up at him.
"No, not really" I replied and he scoffed before he helped me out of the wheelchair.

"You are getting better with your balance" He praised happily and I smiled before he slowly helped me down the steps.

Then, the very slow walk around the town started with Chase only holding my arm for support so I were doing it all on my own.

After while, Chase let go off my arm and I smiled proudly as I took a few steps on my own, only to fall down onto the grass.

"Fuck" I cussed annoyed as I shook my head then pinched the bridge of my nose as Chase crouched down in front of me.

"Rain, this is going to take some time. You are not going to just spring back like the times before" He explained and I looked at him.

"What if I don't come back from this?" I asked, actually scared and he sighed in awe.
"I know that you will" He said holding his hand out to me and I smiled before taking it.

"Do we have to keep going?" I asked and he chuckling softly before shaking his head.
"No, I think that it is for today" He told me and I sighed in slight relief.

"Good because I'm ready for my bed" I joked and he chuckled before he picked me up bridal style which took me by surprise.

"You have already done enough today, it's time to rest" He told me as he started walking back to the house and I smiled at him.

"Thank you for helping me get back on my feet" I told him and he looked at me.

"Anything for a best friend or shall I say sister?" He replied and my smile just widened at that before I gave him a hug.

Chase placed me into my wheelchair when we got back home. He took me back inside the house before he had to leave. Denise had stopped by and asked if he were able to help her check the medical supplies.

I think Na-Ru were putting Judith to sleep upstairs so I were on my own once again.

Time passed and I was actually starting to get bored. I stayed in the kitchen, trying to tidy up and sort out the supply cupboard/pantry.