S6 - Chapter Eleven: New Beginning

Start from the beginning

"Could you go get Judith?" I asked him and he raised an eyebrow at me, "She has been stuck inside with me so I think she should come out here for a little while" I added and he nodded before going back inside the house.

Her Engagement Ring;

I took that time to admire the ring on my finger and I smiled at the fact that I'm an married woman

I took that time to admire the ring on my finger and I smiled at the fact that I'm an married woman... but... just without a wedding. I will never have one and the only thing that will make us husband and wife is our word.

I'm not complaining, I'm just saying that I thought I would never get married and now that Glenn has asked me, it makes me want a wedding so bad. Is that selfish?

"Are you okay, Babe?" Glenn asked and I looked up at him, holding Judith.
"Yeah, I'm just thinking" I said then held my hands up and he gave Judith to me.

"About what?" He asked crouching down beside the wheelchair as I placed Judith in my lap and she started playing with my hands.

"I'm curious, Where did you find this ring?" I asked showing him my hand.

"Na-Ru gave it to me" He replied and my eyes widened in surprise, "We had a talk after you were shot and she said that She knew what I wanted to do with it" He explained and I smiled as I looked down at it.

"Well, I'm glad" I whispered and he quickly kissed my head so I looked up at him. He were waving at Judith as he made his way down the steps so I waved goodbye to him too.

In that exact moment, I felt like a normal family. The husband going off to work and I, the wife, is staying home with the baby. I mean, she is not our child but it still counts.

I smiled down at Judith when she looked up at me and the smile she gave me made my heart melt.

It made me realise how much teeth she has now and I just couldn't get over how much she has grown.

We had lost track of her age after we had left the prison so she must be a year old or maybe over that now.

"How are you doing?" Na-Ru asked and I looked up as she came up the front steps.
"I just can't wait to get back on my feet" I stated with a sigh and she nodded.

"You got shot, Malia. You need time for your body to recover from that" She told me as she moved a chair from the porch to sit beside me.

"Uhh Thank you" I told her and she frowned so I showed her my ring, "Glenn said you gave it to him" I stated and she nodded her head.