v. welcome to nps

Start from the beginning

"Nothing," Mingyu flashed her a cheeky smile. "We just wanted to say hi." He offered her his hand, "Mingyu."

Tomi stared at his hand, then bored her eyes at him. She then looked away and tried to walk past him.

"Whoa, hey," the other guy grabbed her by her arm. "Don't be rude, we're just saying hi,"

Another silver tag. J Jaehyun.

"Come on guys, what are you doing? We're gonna be late for class." The third guy said, like he wasn't interested. Silver tag. K Younghoon.

"You're gonna break my heart, princess." Mingyu pouted and put his hand on his chest like he was hurting. "We just wanted to give you a warm welcome," he glanced down at her wooden name tag. "Satomi." He smirked.

"K? What does the K stand for?" Jaehyun raised his eyebrow.

"She's a scholarship winner. Why does it even matter? She's a freestyler." Younghoon said eyes not showing any interest.

She knew exactly what he meant. According to what Song Yuqi said, the fighting styles that the students in NPS used were associated with different clans or families. Younghoon had just insulted her by saying she isn't part of any of the legacies that they cared about. She was not from any of the respected families.

She was not one of them.

"She can't be who we thought she—"

"A freestyler had never won before. She must be really good," Jaehyun cut off Younghoon and glared at his friend, before eyeing Tomi back. Her hand still in his tight grip. "Aren't you?"

No. This can't be happening, Tomi thought. She hasn't even gone past her first period. She had to fight the first thing in the morning?

"Let her go, Jeong Jaehyun."

Everyone's attention shifted to the girl who forced Jaehyun's grip away from Tomi.

"Seriously, what is wrong with you three? It's our first day and it's Monday morning for fuck's sake." Yuqi hissed and glared at the three guys.

Yuqi was now wearing the NPS uniform, and Tomi finally knew her name tag. She had a red name tag. Which only very few students had. Tomi had just seen two or three of them when she passed a lot of students on her way.

"Watch it, Song." Mingyu stepped closer to Yuqi who was standing in between Jaehyun and Tomi. "You're speaking to your seniors."

"Like I fucking care," Yuqi scowled.

"Let's go," Tomi whispered and pulled Yuqi with her to walk away, but Yuqi kept glaring at Mingyu.

After a while, Yuqi finally gave in and walked away with Tomi pulling her.

"You won't get away so easily the next time, Song Yuqi."

They heard Mingyu warned Yuqi again, about who knows what.

Yuqi stopped and held out a middle finger at the trio. Tomi pulled her again to walk because she was afraid they might actually start a fight.

They stopped in front of classroom 2-2.

Yuqi gave Tomi a small smile, "Hi, good morning." She said. "Did they do anything to you?"

"No, they didn't." Tomi said, clearly was still shaken by them.

"Hey, don't mind them, ok? They're just a bunch of idiots who think they're the best. In fact, all of them are just bark and no bite." Yuqi shrugged. "Though why they were targeting you, I don't know. But never mind that, you're in my class right? Let's meet my friends!"