Chapter 10: Quidditch and Broken Arms

Quidditch game, mid-game. The crowd roaring, the Slytherin chasers bent low over us with their new brooms, jet past us.

As I chase after the Quaffle with Angelina I hear in the background.

"HARRY! WATCH OUT!" from George

I threw the Quaffle to Angelina and she goes towards the hoops as I stopped and turned to Harry getting chased by a bludger.

"What the bloody hell." I said to myself watching Harry zig zag, loops and rolls trying to get away from the bludger.

Harry glances at Draco and charges for him and I was confused at first than I seen the golden snitch and Harry rockets passed Malfoy, Harry chases the plummeting Snitch, Malfoy follows in hot pursuit. They race downward, trailing the hissing snitch deep into the trench circling the pitch. Shoulder to shoulder, they race madly, driving and dodging the wooden support beams that crisscrossed their path. Directly behind them, the Bludger follows, shattering beams as it dogs Harry. Alicia nudges me.

"Hey! What are you doing?! Get your head into the game!"

"I am in the game, Harry gonna get killed by that bludger."

"You better not-"

"You say that...but I do it anyway?" I said smirking and taking off

"He's gonna get himself killed..." I heard her say from afar

Malfoy kicks Harry, forcing him to the edge of the trench. Harry brushes the wall, battling for control. Malfoy turns, snickering, then looks back...

"Hey, Malfoy you should look where you going!" I said I was behind them and Harry looks back and snickers and quickly looks forward as Draco finds himself heading smack into a wooden beam. He panicked , he tries to pull up. Too late. Malfoy meets beam and Malfoy spirals out of the trench and thump! Flat on his back in the middle of the pitch.

Harry continues on, closing on the snitch, fingertips only inches from catching it...when... the Rogue Bludger smashes into Harry's arm

"Harry!"

He cried out, steadies himself. Unable to control his broom with his shattered arm, he hits the pitch with a sickening thud. I looked at snitch not the bludger was following me, odd, I sticked my arm out and so closed to catching the snitch and the bludger smashes into my arm. I cried out but still determined to catch the snitch and I used my good hand trying to steady myself on the broom and grabbed the snitch before hitting the pitch, winching, I rolled onto my shoulders, squinting up a black dot growing rapidly larger is plummeting from the sky, directly towards me. It's... the rogue bludger. Instantly, I spin away, grimacing in agony, as the bludger hits the ground like sledge hammer, violently tattooing the pitch again and  again, only inches from me, I looked to my side and seen Harry rolling away from the rogue bludger as well. Hermione strides forth, points her wand.

"Finite Incantatem!" The Bludger hangs briefly in the air. Slowly ceases spinning. Drops heavily to the pitch. Me and Harry exhaled in relieved, only to recall the searing pain in my arm. As concerned faces swim above us, one particular face pushes through the crowd.

"Not to worry, boys. I'll fix your arms straight away."

"No... no... not you."

"Go ahead, Harry, go first" I said trying to move away from them Lockhart looks at me and smiles and looks back at Harry

"Poor boy doesn't know what he's saying. This won't hurt a bit..."

Lockhart twirls his wand, Harry braces himself and...nothing. My eyes widen

"Ah. Yes. Well, that can sometimes happen. The point is, the bones are no longer broken."

"Brok'n?   He doesn't 'ave any bones at all!" Hagrid says Harry looks at his arm

"Hospital wing? Please" I said looking up at the crowd

Hospital Wing

Ron, Hermione and I are standing by Harry's bed, grinning, my arm was wrapped, we watched Madam Pomfrey pour out a steaming beaker full of some liquid from a bottle of skele-gro. A group of Gryffindor s, including some of our teammates, stand nearby.

"He should have been brought straight to me! I can mend bones in a heartbeat- but growing them back-" Madam Promfrey said

"You will be able to, won't you?" Hermione asked

"I'll be able to, certainly, but it will be painful. You're in for a rough night, Potter. Regrowing bones is nasty business." Madam Pomfrey mentions and gives him a cup and he starts drinking it and quickly spits it out.

"Oh, gross Harry!" I complained from moving out the way for I don't get hit by what ever that was.

"Well, what did you expect- pumpkin juice?" As madam Pomfrey said that a flash came blinding us and blinked to see Colin standing there.

"That was brilliant today, Leon, Harry! Brilliant!" Colin said excitedly

"Out! All of you! This boy's got thirty-three bones to regrow!" Madam Pomfrey said shooing us out

"Hey, Leon, do you think we can still take those pictures?" Colin said

"Uh- sure"

"Thank you!"

"You welcome...I guess"