Chapter 3: Flying to Hogwarts

The Weasleys, Harry and I was pushing large trolleys dashing under the large clock which read two minutes to eleven. I stayed with Harry and told my parents I'll get on the train with the Weasleys...I think that was a bad idea.

"Oh dear! The train will be leaving any moment! All together now!" Mrs.Weasley shouted. We raced to platforms nine and ten. Quickly, Percy, Fred and George stride briskly toward the stone barrier.

"Go on, Ginny. You know what to do." Mrs.Weasley told her. Ginny looks a bit nervous she rushes toward the barrier, closes her eyes, and sleds out onto the other side.

Ron glances at the clock.

"We better hurry." Ron says

Me and Harry nodded, Harry went first he leans into his trolley and crash's, hits the barrier and bounces back into Ron and Ron bounces back into me. A guard glowers.

"What in blazes d'you three think you're doing?"

"Sorry. Lost control of the trolley." Harry lied and then looked at me and Ron. "Why can't we get through?"

"I dunno. The gateways sealed itself for some reason." Ron says as he presses his ear to the barrier, the clock chimes.

"The train leaves exactly eleven o' clock. We've missed it" I said

"Can't hear a thing." Ron says "Guys. If we can't get through, maybe Mum and Dad can't get back." Ron said worried

"Maybe we should go wait by the car." Harry suggested and I nod in agreement.

"The car!" Ron said eagerly

Parking lot. Moment later.

We pushed our trolleys madly before us, we dashed to the car, load our belongings into the Anglias boot.

"This is mad. We can't drive to Hogwarts." Harry says

"Who says we're driving" Ron says

"You call it mad. We call it...another way of going to school." I said opening the car door.

"Look, who knows when Mum and Dad will get back. And we've got to get to school, haven't we? And even underage wizards are allowed to use magic if it's an absolute emergency. Least that's what Fred and George always say..." Ron convincing Harry.

"Something tells me we're going to regret this." Harry said and I smiled hopping in the car.

Later, Ron taps his wand on the dash and the car burbles to life.

"No offense, Ron, but are you sure you know how to fly this" Harry says

"No problem." Ron says, shifting, with a great bolt, the car lifts from the ground.

"Honestly, I think I should drive." I suggested

"No, I got this. There. See. Now I reckon all we have to do is find the Hogwarts Express and follow it. Simple." Ron said confidently, I shrugged, Harry nods, not entitled convinced. He peers out the window.

"Uh. Ron. I should tell you. Most Muggles aren't accustomed to seeing flying car." Harry say to Ron

"Right" Ron presses a tiny silver button on the dashboard.

Later, Ron starts jabbing at the tiny silver button.

"Uh oh. The invisibility booster must be faulty. Any sign of the train?" Ron asks

"There! Up ahead! Look" Harry said looking at the train

"Brilliant" Ron says shifting the car, gliding down, until the car is only a few feet above the tracks. We start looking around for the train.