Chapter 4: Expelled...but not expelled technically

The Evening Prophet. The headline read: Flying Ford Angelia Mystifies Muggles. Below the fold a photo shows Harry, Me and Lockhart at Flourish and Blotts. Professor Snape was looking at that newspaper, he stands from his desk, newspaper in his hand as Me, Harry and Ron stare with dread.

" You were seen! By no less then seven Muggles. Do you have any idea how serious this is? You have risked the exposure of our world. Not to mention the damage you inflicted on a Whomping Willow that has been on these grounds for hundreds of years." Snape scowled us

"Honestly, Professor Snape, I think it did more damage to us." Ron admits

"Silence! I assure you, were you in Slytherin and your fate rested with me, the three of you would be on the train home tonight. As it is-"

Snape was interrupted. "They are not." A voice said the three us turned around. It was Professor Dumbledore standing in the doorway. Alongside him is a distinctly annoyed Professor McGonagall.

"Professor Dumbledore. Professor McGonagall." Me and Harry said in unison.

"Headmaster, these boys have flouted the Decree for the Restriction of Underage Wizardry. As such..."

"I'm well aware of our bylaws, Severus, having written more than a few myself. However, as Head of Gryffindor House, it is for Professor McGonagall to determine the appropriate action." Dumbledore stated

"We'll go get our stuff." Ron said rising gloomily

"What are you talking about, Mr. Weasley" Professor McGonagall asked

"Well, you're going to expel us, aren't you?" Ron says

"Not today, Mr. Weasley. But I must impress upon the three of you the seriousness of what you have done. I will be sending owls to all three of your families tonight. And you will each get a detention." Professor McGonagall said as Snape casts a look of pure venom at the three of us.

"Splendid. Now, I suggest we return to the feast. There's a delicious-looking custard tart I want to sample." Dumbledore says, rising, I spied an envelope on the floor. Taking it, I read the back. '𝐾𝑤𝑖𝑘𝑠𝑝𝑒𝑙𝑙 𝐴 𝐶𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑝𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝐶𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑠𝑒 𝐼𝑛 𝐵𝑒𝑔𝑖𝑛𝑛𝑒𝑟'𝑠 𝑀𝑎𝑔𝑖𝑐.' It's addressed to 'Mr. Argus Flinch'.

"Uh- Mr.Flinch. You dropped this..." I said holding the envelope to him. He turns around, he eyes the envelope he looked embarrassed, then he snatched it from my hand and stuffs it into his pocket.

"Rude..." I muttered to myself.

Morning, Me, Harry and Ron rushed into the greenhouse Seamus and Neville was talking.

"Detention. On the first day?" Neville said surprised

"That must be some kind of record." Seamus says

"I should think you'd count yourself lucky that's all you got." Hermione says

"I should think you'd mind your own business." Ron says

"Hey. Stop." I said as the two of them glared at each other. Professor sprout, she taps her wand on a stack of pots.

"Good morning everyone" Professor Sprout greeted

"Good morning Professor Sprout" the entire class said

"Welcome to Greenhouse Three, Second Years. Today, we will be re-potting Mandrakes. Now, who here can tell me the properties of the Mandrake?" She said looking around the only person who shot their hand up almost whacked me in the side of my face. "Yes, Miss Granger."

"Mandrake, or Mandragora, is used to return those who have been transfigured to their original state. It's also quite dangerous. The Mandrake's cry is fatal to anyone who hears it." Hermione explains

"Excellent. Ten points to Gryffindor." I smiled at Hermione. "As our Mandrakes are only seedlings, their cries won't kill yet. However, they will knock you out for several hours. That is why I have provided each of you with a pair of earmuffs. If you would then..." I laughed a little as I seen Ron frown because he gotten a bright pink fluffy pair. When the class was ready, Professor Sprout leads to the garden area. She grasps one of the tufty plants before her... and pulls. I gasp. Instead of roots, a small, muddy, extremely ugly baby pops out of the earth, leaves growing right out of its head. Neville's eyes rolled back and he faints. Everyone turned to look at him. Professor Sprout plunges the bawling creature deep into a pot, removes her earmuffs, and I followed suit.

"Hm. Looks as though Mr. Longbottom neglected his muffs."

"No, ma'am. He's just fainted." Seamus said looking at his friend on the floor.

"Very well. We'll just leave him then. Come now. Four to a tray, plenty of pots to go round..."