Chapter 4

Gendry just stares at his phone, he was definitely not expecting that text from Arya, he was in the middle of formulating his apology tour, not thinking she would reach out to him on her own, but then again she used to surprise him all the time when they were younger.

Gendry: You're welcome, I am proud of you. You clearly worked your ass off!

"Okay that should be good enough, at least I hope it will be good enough. Now time to just send it and put the ball in her court."

Gendry went back to Netflix and put the horror movie that he was watching back on. Ten minutes later when the murder was about to take their next victim his phone lit up. He reached for the phone off the coffee table and glanced at the name on the screen figuring it was just a random notification. However it was a message from m'lady.

Arya: Yes, I definitely did work my ass off to achieve my degrees, I probably shouldn't be texting you but Dany and I were enjoying some lovely wine, and I figured I deserve a little celebrating and I didn't leave my apartment so I decided to have a couple more glasses than she did. So *shoulder shrug emoji*

"Hmm... do I want to text her while I know she is drunk, or do I want to apologize to a sober Arya?" Pausing the movie again he gets up and decides to top off his water, if for nothing else it will provide some space between him and his phone. "If I text her back and start apologizing I can just do a full blown apology in person and maybe this way I can figure out the best way to apologize to her, and I just miss having her in my life."

Gendry: Well I am certainly honored that I am the person you want to drunk text :) I know I have a lot of work to do but I truly am sorry that I left the way I did. I really have missed you over the years.

Arya: I call bull shit! If you missed me so much you should have tried harder.

She isn't wrong there, or I should have just waited for her.

Gendry: You're right, I should have tried harder. I actually shouldn't have left in the first place like you asked, or I should have waited for you to join me. But I couldn't do that to you, I knew you wanted to go to college right out of the gate and then attend law school so you could get your law degree.

Gendry didn't get a response right away like the other ones, so he figured Arya must have fallen asleep or was just done with the conversation. And when he read the response he felt like such a piece of shit, and felt his chest hurt.

Arya: I would have put it on hold for you, I would have deferred for a couple years and then started my undergrad when we were back, or just taken some online classes through the community college, I would have done anything for you. All you had to do was ask, but you didn't even give me the chance. You took away my best friend and I had no one besides my family.

Gendry: I am so sorry, I know that is not enough but I want it to be the start. I swear I will never leave you again unless you tell me to leave you alone. Get some sleep.

Gendry really was sorry and he knew he had to make Arya forgive him because he really did miss her and there was a gap in his life from the time he left to find someone that didn't give two shits about him and in that process he lost the best thing that ever happened to him.