Im so lonesome I could cry

Start from the beginning

"What's wrong?"

"I don't wanna die, but I don't wanna live. I just wanna slowly disappear out of existence without affecting anyone, you know?"

"Is this because of Adam? Charlie told me what happened."

"I feel really bad, but Rick is no help to the situation. He thinks that he has me wrapped around his stupid finger."

Linda just nodded and let me rant on about how I hate Rick, hate Kristin, hate my new step mom, and just everything.

As I ranted, anxiety washed over me. I sat up and grabbed Linda's shoulders.

"Adam! How is he holding up?" I interrogate. "Oh, he is probably so upset? Oh, I feel terrible I really do. He's gonna hate me forever but I had no other choice, Linda I swear. I just wanted everything to be lifted off of my shoulders-."

"He's alright, Bridget." She interrupted to calm me. "He is a little upset, but he will get better."

I sighed and shoved my head into her shoulder. She gave me a hug. Im not one to hug but it was lowkey nice.

Walking back that day was dreadful. Knowing that I completely crushed Adam really tore me to shreds.

Update on my step mom, my dad chose her over me. What did I expect? She gets everything. It's so stupid.

I saw Adam in the hall on my way to my dorm. We glanced at each other, but he looked away before I could wave to him. Again, what did I expect?

When I went into my dorm room, I stumbled over a box that was meant to be under my bed and pulled out a flyer from inside.

Ice skating Nationals. November 12.

Could I? Should I? Pfft, no. Why would I go?

"I know you wanna go." A voice said from behind me. It was Julie.

"I wouldn't be able to compete."

"So? You should still go." She encouraged. "It takes place in Minneapolis." She pointed to the location.

"I don't know."

"What else are you gonna do?" Julie sat on my bed. "You've been looking forward to that your whole life I thought?"

"I did until I got suspended. Then I did again until I broke my ankle." I sat next to her.

Julie shrugs.

"Julie, I'm a mess. I really am." I lay my head on her shoulder.

"I know you are. I could hear you play Careless Whisper on the piano in music class today."

I removed my head from her shoulder and looked at her in embarrassment. "You heard that?"

"I think everyone did." She responded. I started to groan. "But it's okay! I'm pretty sure Adam was playing I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry.

I groaned even louder and fell backwards on my bed. My heart shattered.

"I'm not supposed to feel like this! I'm supposed to be mentally stable!"

"Oh Bridg-."

"I broke up with himahhhhh!"

"If your this much of a wreck just talk to him."

"No, that is ridiculous. I can't do that. That's the problem."

There was then a knock on my door. Julie and I shifted our gazes to the two people standing in the doorway. Connie and Guy.

"We have a problem." Connie said.

A goat with three legs hopped around the corner into my dorm.

Julie and My eyes grew wide. "Where did you get that?!" Julie gasped.

"We found him at the park. We couldn't just leave it there." Guy protested.

"Guy, we aren't allowed pets in the dorms!" I reminded.

"I know but look at him." Guy said. "He's adorable!"

"Or a she. We aren't veterinarians." Connie added.

"It has three legs. Why didn't you take it to the vet or a shelter." Julie questioned as she picked it up.

"A shelter? No no no. We are not taking it to a shelter." Connie said, taking it out of Julie's hands. "We have to keep it."

"Connie, this has to be someone else's pet. We can't just take it." I noted.

"I know but isn't she so cute!" She chirped while shoving the animal in my face.

"He. It's a he."

"I say we take it to the vet and at least see if it's in good medical condition." I suggest.

"And where is the money to do so gonna come from." Guy crossed his arms.

Right, I forgot that this was America.

"So what are we gonna do with it then?" I ask.

Everyone shrugged.

"Keep it I guess. As long as the administrators don't find out, we should be okay." Connie said.

"Did you tell Cowboy Dwayne about this. I'm sure he knows more about goats then any of us." I say.

Just then, a pair of heels could be heard waltzing down the hall and the beeping sound of a walkie talkie echoed down the hall.

"Oh shit." Guy and Connie mumbled.

Connie shoved the goat into my hands and ran out the door and Guy closed in behind them. On the other side of the door you could hear the two greeting the teachers.

Suddenly, there was a knock on our door.

"Hurry, Julie! Hide it!" I whisper harshly as I stumble the handicapped goat into my friend's hands.

"Excuse me, Miss Nixon. This is Dr. Morris and Mr. Buckley." The lady on the other side of the door said. "We were wondering if we could come in and inspect your dorm room. We heard that a goat has been snuck into the building."

Oh no. Not good, not good.

As I was writing this, I took a break because I had no idea where I was going with it then I got inspired by the cute little goat from Pinterest that is in the picture above. That's really it.