Bruised

Coach Tremblay taught me another routine and you guessed it. It was to another Frank Sinatra song.

This song had a lot more jumps. Coach claimed that more jumps the higher you are ranked. With me on Bandli's tail, a lot of people thought I had a chance of making it to nationals. Especially if I make it to sectionals, obviously.

"Bridget, stop landing on your left foot, I need you to land on your right." Coach yelled. "It will ruin the whole routine."

"Right, Sorry."

I tried a double spin in the air again and tried to land on my right, but I hesitated and landed on my left then fell.

My coach sighed loudly. "That's okay, everyone falls. Let's start the routine over again, how does that sound?"

I quietly winced in pain as I got up from the cold ice. I skated back to position 1. My breathing was shaking.

"Bridget, are you alright?" Tremblay asked.

"Yes, i'm fine. Just tired, I guess." I assure. "Let's try this again."

"No, Bridget," She stopped. "You know what, I think you did great."

"But we barley-."

"Bridget, there is clearly something going on with you. Just get some rest, okay?"

I nodded and Tremblay walked away from the boards.

I got up early the next morning to get some extra practice in. My ankle that morning was hurting worse and looked worse. Again, I tried not to pay attention to the pain.

I practice jumping on it but everytime resulted in my crying in agony. As much as I didn't want to admit it, It was broken.

I didn't want to hurt myself anymore so I went into the locker room and began to take off my skates. My ankle was entirely blue and blistery.

As my nose slowly began to run due to all the tears I wanted to cry, someone started to approach me.

"Oh shit, your ankle doesn't look very good."

I look up and glare at the girl. "No shit." I retorted. Her face softens.

"No, but actually. That really doesn't look good." Kristin said. "How'd that happen?"

"Don't act stupid. I know you jacked my skates."

Kristin's mouth widen.

"You know, your actual shit." I say while standing up. "You think it's fucking hilarious screwing around with people's skates. Your so fucking hilarious."

"Bridget, It looks broken-."

"No, shut the hell up. Why can't you just accept the fact that i'm a good skater." I snap. "Your pretty good too I must admit, but your actually a shitty person."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you." She snickered

"Yeah I'm sure you are sorry-."

"Bridget, I just wanna go to the olympics and I can't do that with you in the way!"

"It would've been nice for you to tell that to the committee after you got me suspended for two years!" I retort.

Her mouth fell open but she stayed quiet.

"I'm not gonna act like I don't know so neither should you." I say. "You don't have to worry about me knowing, though. I'm not gonna tell anyone. My suspension is already up and I'm back in the game."