Eden Hall Academy

About 2 years later. (Bridgets POV)

Luckily, by the time I reached high school I was already smart enough to get an academic scholarship. Being the youngest in my class always meant that I was the smartest. Mainly because i skipped the 4th grade.

I didn't play any sports for 2 whole years. I just never thought I fit into any other sport, Although I always tried to keep myself busy with butt loads of after school activities like debate team, theater, the school newspaper, and a whole bunch of volunteer work.

I was a sophomore at Eden Hall Academy. My brother, Skeeter, was a freshman in college that plays hockey. He isn't too important in this story but he's still part of my life. My boyfriend was Rick Riley. He was the team captain on the hockey team. Not gonna lie, he gets on my nerves a lot. Like a lot. And i'm not even joking.

"I don't know why it's such a big deal!" Rick yelled as we both stood in the boys locker room before his hockey practice.

"Umm maybe because all you do is party 24/7! I want a boyfriend not a child!"

"I have practice to go to." Rick shooed me away and stomped out of the locker room. So yeah. That pretty much explains our relationship.

The next morning they were having a ceremony. A new group of kids got full ride scholarships to the Eden Hall academy.

I sat next to Rick like I always did. "Hey, you know what? You ducks don't belong here in Eden Hall." Rick said to the kids in front of him. I kept my mouth shut.

"Umm what?" The dark kid said.

"Hey, easy Russ. They probably think that we are someone else." The boy in the cowboy hat said. "Hi, I'm Dwayne. We are the new hockey team! And you are?" He introduced.

"Varsity. The only hockey team." Rick replied.

I rolled my eyes and sighed at that comment.

"My little brother lost his JV spot when he brought in you YoYos in here."

"probably wasn't good enough." The girl said.

I quietly snickered at that comment. Rick glared at me and rolled his eyes.

"See there? That's my dad." He pointed to the man on the stage. "He's gonna get the board to revoke your scholarships. Just you wait."

"That's your dad? Nice outfit. Did it come with a yacht." The kid in the middle between the girl and the cowboy said.

The new kids began to laugh and I quietly giggled.

The ceremony began. I don't really know what he said because I didn't care so i didn't pay any attention. I just dozed off and looked at the floor.

Just then, i hear some kids screaming behind the curtain and the curtain falls. I then see some more news kids on the stage and everyone started to laugh. To be fair, it was very funny. However, i got really bad second hand embarrassment.

"Hi..... We're the ducks." The one kid said. I smirked in enjoyment.

Few hours later, you could tell that some of the ducks were getting a bit too comfortable. Tiffany and I were at our lockers talking when we see a brunette duck following some cheer leader.

"What's he lookin' at?" Rick said and grabbed his buddy.

His buddy and him followed the boy and shoved him into the lockers.

"Ow! A hard check into the board. That must've hurt!" The boy behind them narrated.

Then Rick and his buddies stole the asian kid's lunch. "All this hard work makes me hungry."

I couldn't just stand there and watch. "Guys, is this really necessary?" I butted in.

"Bridget, stay out of this. You just wouldn't understand." Rick told me. I gave him a disgusted look and they walked away.

The boy started to walk away and more ducks passed by saying hi to him. That's when i found out his name was Kenny.

"Hey, ken!" I called. The boy stopped and faced me. I got out my lunch and handed it to him. "I already ate most of it. I don't like the twinkies though so you can have it."

Kenny slowly grabbed the bag and gave me a weak smirk. Once he walked away something clicked with me.

"Isn't that kid in the olympics?" I asked Tiffany. "I don't know." Tiff shrugged.

Lunch was pretty interesting. Everyday I sit somewhere new. I do this because I can pretty much get along with anyone because I don't like doing the same thing over and over again. Same is boring.

Tiffany sat with her usual people who are the figure skaters and I sat with the cheerleaders today. Usually me and Tiffany sit at the same spot but I always felt like an outcast when I sat the the skaters. I always thought they despised me for what I DIDNT do.

"The freshman girls are over there." The cheerleader said to the boy whose name was Luis Mendoza.

"Girls? I know but i'm in search for a real women." Luis smirked. "Give me five minutes after school and I'll die a happy man."

"ooh. My boyfriend get pretty jealous." She waved at Cole and look back. Luis was missing.

On my way over to the table, i saw him crawling around under the table clearly looking up there skirts. "This is why I don't wear skirts." I mumble.

I crouch down and make eye contact with him.

"Hi." I smirk. "What are you doing under there?"

Luis smiled awkwardly and sprinted out from under it.

I didn't sit down at the table yet and I watched luis run away. Just then, a brown bag of horse shit fell onto the table. All the cheerleaders screamed and ran away.

I took a closer look at the bag because I didn't know what was in it and automatically the strong stench hit my nose.

"Yep-not sitting there." I say and start walking towards Tiffany. I look behind me and I see my boyfriend and his varsity hockey teammates chasing after the new JV team.

This was when I realized that Rick will never stop acting like a child.