Robots and blueprints

That same day, I met up with Linda in the hallway in front of the cafeteria.

"What if we had these track tires connected to the machine? It would help it travel better across gravel." I explained showing Linda my idea.

"Yeah, that's a good idea." She responded.

"Hey, Linda." Charlie greeted while walking with Fulton and Russ. Linda got up and hugged him.

"You know Bridget." She said gesturing to me. Charlie and I waved to each other.

"Game tonight. Will you be there?" Charlie asked.

Linda looked at me and I shrugged. "I have a lot of homework but I will try and make it." She said while kissing his cheek.

Charlie smiled and walked into the cafeteria.

"Seriously? You had to do that in front of me?" I gagged.

"You have a boyfriend. You should understand."

"Yeah, but hun and I barley have any action." I replied. "He is just a dick all the time, ya know."

"Well he is a jock."

"Charlie is a jock. What difference does that make?"

Linda and I giggled and got back to creating our blue print.

Julie, Connie, and Guy came up to us. "You sitting with us?" Julie asked.

"Project." I gestured towards our blueprint.

Julie looked at Connie and Guy. Connie and Guy made there way into the cafeteria and Julie sat down on the floor with Linda and I.

"What are you working on?" She asked.

"We are creating and coding a robot that can travel on any surface." Linda explained.

"So, it could float on water, drive on gravel, slide on ice?!" Julie asked.

"Everything slides on ice. It doesn't have much friction." I corrected.

Julie rolled her eyes. "The blueprint looks cool." Julie complimented.

"Did you bring the computer chips?" Linda asked me.

"Yeah, it should be in my bag. Front pocket."

Linda bender over and picked up my backpack. She started to look through the front pocket. "Mmm, I don't see it."

"Try the other pockets then." I instructed.

She started to look through all the pockets. "I don't see them. You probably left them in your dorm. Unless you forgot to build them."

"Linda, you know I don't forget things." I say grabbing my bag from her to look through my bag.

"Where the hell is it?" I groan in frustration.

"Bridget, it's okay. Seriously!"

I sighed in frustration.

"Just have it by tomorrow in class." Linda told me. "I'll finish up the blueprint tonight and you just focus on the chips. We can't have a robot with no program." She giggled. Linda picked up the blueprints and walked away.

"Where did you put them last?" Julie asked.

"I put them in the front pocket this morning, then I left my bag in my locker after talking to Rick." I explained.