Xiao X Aether ✙ Gone

(Xiao is going to be out of character for this one- and I'm not sure if the title fits the storyline of this one but oh well-- By the way, it has implied character death.)

Xiao pov;

.

.

.

.

.

I've told you many times, traveler.

.

.

.

.

.

"When you're in danger, call my name"

.

.

.

.

.

But you don't listen, do you?

Author pov;

Everytime Aether came back to Wangshu Inn from a quest, he was more and more bruised. Heck! He even broke his arm one time! 

"For the last time Traveler! When you are in danger, call my name! It isn't that hard!" Xiao said angrily. "Yeah, yeah! I will next time, I promise!" He chuckled

Time skip (Aether has healed and can go back to doing quests/commissions)

"For one last time, if you are in danger, call my name." Xiao said

The honorary knight smiled before leaving Wangshu Inn to go to his destination.

Time skip

The quest was far harder than it seemed. He was loosing, and he knew it. He lost too much blood, he was

.

.

.

dying.

Xiao pov;

I heard faint screams coming from a near cave, I approached it, I kept my guard up for any upcoming monsters in the cave. I entered the not-so small cavern, I soon after smelled blood.

I was now running. I saw Aether on the ground, bleeding out. I ran to him, but I saw it was too late. He was already dead. I was too late. A warm liquid ran down on my cheeks. Is this what mortals call 'tears'?

Time skip

I arrived at the Inn, I didn't want to speak to anyone. "Xiao, where is your friend? Shouldn't he be back by now?" The manager spoke 

"..." 

"you know what? I'll give you some time alone.." She said before leaving 

I stared at the stars, trying to forget everything that happened today. 

(This was rushed (again) In my 'AU' the only one who Xiao speaks to (more) is the Inn's manager, I mean if he wants Almond tofu, he has to talk to the chef of course (Or Aether can make him some-) If I get anything wrong, it's normal, I'm not really far in the genshin impact story 😅 but anyways, the words in this chapter: 406  I love you all so much, please stay safe ♥.)