I'll see you soon, Jaerin. I could sense a smirk on his face whilst he spouted.

Call ended

<time skip>

I was chilling in my room, my mind occupied by the abundant thoughts that lingered in my head. Taeyong walked in, looking guilty.

"Jaerin, from tomorrow we need you to go back to school. Don't worry though. We'll make sure no one can hurt you or take you away. We just need you to catch up on school because you're falling behind drastically." He sounded nervous so I shot him a small genuine smile, letting him know that I agree with his suggestion.

I recalled the old times with my friends and having absolute no worry in the world. Until my dad came back into my life, almost creating complete havoc. Forced marriage, violence, abuse and toxicity. That sums up the past year of my life. I tried to smile through the pain but the scars dug deeper, piercing what was left of my childhood.

That night I tried to go to sleep but my mind was wide awake, thinking about all the possibilities that really horrible things would happen to me the next day.

Once I managed to fall asleep, the nightmare that once haunted me a few months ago returned.

tw abuse

Dream

Saturday 18th April 2020, 2:55 am

He stormed into the room. Aggressively bashing the fire against the wall. His eyes filled with rage and hatred. Steam coming out of his ears as his face became dark red. He started shouting, his voice resonating through the walls and breaking my eardrums.

The fear my small body felt was enough to make me run towards safety. At that moment all I could do was run to my mum's room. Her room was dimly lit but it was bright enough to make my way to her bed and shade myself from pain.

Father followed me into my mum's room and instead of my mother protecting me from the abuse, she watched me. She might've been scared but she still sat in her corner of the bed unable to move, occasionally making eye contact with me, making me feel as though I didn't belong in the family and that I was just extra baggage.

My father straddled me, tears streaming down my face, as he balled his hands into a fist and threw a definite punch at my face, leaving a purple bruise in the centre of my cheek.

I tried to wiggle out of his hold but he then proceeded to grab my hair and pull it every time I avoided any contact with his fist.

Once all my energy was drained, my body was exhausted from the abuse but that didn't stop him. I slowly became numb to the pain. The distant shouting from my mother became muffled as my eyes slowly shut.

I tried to keep my eyes open, watching my mum attempt to push his big, bulky body away from me. He tried to push her towards the door, making her knock into the small chest of drawers. The drawers knocked over, shattering the glass that once sat on it, on her head.

The glass pierced her head. Once my father realised he walked over to her, grabbing her chin and lifting it. "That's what you get for involving yourself in places that don't need you. You had one job and that was domestic duties so stick to that." His voice made me shudder.

Awake

A tear left from the corner of my eyes. I deeply inhaled wondering why the vivid memory still haunts me after one year.

Today was the day I was finally going back to school. I wasn't extremely excited neither was I upset. I guess I missed my friends and the school environment but I wasn't overly joyed.
____________________________________

u n e d i t e d

Ayo ;) What do you guys want to happen in the next chapter at school? I was thinking of bringing in another character but idk...

leave it up to you :)