Chapter 46

it's silent in the bar. your last words replaying in your mind like an ipod on replay. 'i like.... izuku?' is all you think.

"fucking finally..." bakugo says in a whisper, making sure you didn't hear him. he lets out a big breath. that was harder than he thought it'd be.

'this bitch was so in denial. that took fucking ages!' bakugo thinks as he glares your form. his glare softens though when he sees how lost you are.

he sighs "it can't be that confusing." he says to you. you don't look at him, only keeping your gaze on the ground.

'izuku.... i like him. like, wanna be with him like him.'

you knew it was coming but at the same time, you didn't. you knew that you were starting to look at those green eyes differently. you just didn't wanna succumb to the realization.

and out of all people, bakugo made you realize your feelings.

you hear the door swing open along with the sound of footsteps. you side eye to see dabi walking into the room.

he stares at your blank but lost face then back at bakugo. "i would ask what happened, but i don't really care." he says.

"good. i wouldn't tell you anyways." you say, staring at the staple face. you squint your eyes at the villain in front of you in hopes of getting a better look at him but you sigh and look away, knowing it's not gonna work.

"you have quite the tongue." dabi says to you, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"i've been told." you say, trying to get midoriya out of your mind.

dabi says nothing as he looks at bakugo who's just silent, staring back at him. dabi then looks at you "your friend mute or something?"

"he doesn't have to speak to you." you fire back.

"i've seen what both of you are like. he's such an asshole." dabi says.

you feel your blood boil. "when i call him an asshole, it's fine. but you better not talk about him like that." you warn.

"you two don't seem like friends. why are you getting so defensive?"

"because friends or not, i'm not letting some villain bad mouth someone i care for." you answer.

bakugo looks at you in shock. did he hear that right? you care about him?

dabi just scoffs "that's stupid."

"then you have something to relate to." you say with a small smirk.

you don't see the scowl on dabi's face until he's stomping towards you. you two come face to face. his scowl against your teasing smirk.

"oh staples didn't like that one. why are you so sensitive?" you joke, smiling with amusement and gliding your tongue across the bottom of your mouth.

"shut your mouth birdie or i'll kill you." dabi warns. "i don't think you're allowed to. i'm pretty sure shigaraki wants that privilege all to himself." you say.

dabi glares at you and now that he's close up, you're able to get a good look into his eyes. his cerulean orbs that he possesses feels familiar to you.

although, they're nothing like the softness and kindness a specific boy holds. his are full of hatred and emptiness.

you hum "your eyes. they remind me of someone i know." you say, not naming your half and half friend.

dabi's eyes falter for a second before his glare hardens again. you look at bakugo who mouths 'half and half' and you just nod.

dabi says nothing so you lean your head back on the wall. dabi scoffs "you're boring." he says as he kicks your stomach.