⋆ chapter one ⋆

A/N: hey guys! so this is a 'The Internship' Stuart Twombly fan fiction. I'm pretty sure I will be keeping this story fairly short and sweet, but I also might possibly do a sequel, I guess we'll just see how it goes and how you guys respond to it. Anywho, I have casted Taylor Momsen as Caitlyn because she is freaking queen, but because I want Cat to appear sweet, I've decided to cast the younger Taylor (before she started wearing heaps of eye makeup) so yeah, I hope that makes sense and I hope you guys love it! Here we go! Also, please note that @iydiamartin actually inspired me to write this, you should definitely go check out her account, she's amazing. Also I'm really sorry that this chapter is so so short, I'm currently babysitting my little cousin who just got out of hospital so I didn't really have enough time to make it longer, but the next chapter should be up within the next few days.

Disclaimer: I do not own anything apart from Caitlyn

———-

CHAPTER ONE

Looking in the mirror at herself, Caitlyn realised two things; 1) being that she definitely needed to use some concealer to cover up her dark under-eye circles, and 2) being that she was in no way actually prepared for this internship.

Sighing, Caitlyn twisted her straight blonde hair up into a high ponytail, wrapping a loose strand of it around the hair tie, covering it completely. Then she pulled out her makeup bag and proceeded to do her makeup, keeping it natural-ish.

Smiling at her slightly more presentable reflection, Cat got up and walked into her wardrobe, staring at the outfit she had prepared the night before. Before her lay a white knit sweater, with the sleeves loosely rolled up to just below her elbow, her favourite pair of black, leather-look-alike skinny jeans and a pair of little black ankle booties with a reasonable heel. Hastily, she slipped off her dressing gown and pulled on the clothes in front of her, lastly sliding on her black booties.

Cat spun around a few times in front of the mirror to make sure everything looked alright, before heading over to her jewellery box. Instantly, she pulled out a large, shiny, rose-gold watch, some small necklaces and a few random rings; all of which were rose-gold. After carefully placing them all on, she rushed over to the door, swiftly picking up her black, leather Michael Kors handbag on the way.

Smiling once again to herself, she slid her iPhone into her pocket and locked the door behind her, heading off towards the carpark. 'I can't believe this is actually happening', Cat thought to herself, doing her best to ignore the hoard of butterflies erupting in her stomach. 'I can't believe I actually have an internship at Google!'

Soon, the blonde was sliding into her black Yaris, doing a few quick deep breathing exercises to try to calm herself down a bit, before she drove off. 'American Girl' by Bonnie Mckee blasted through her car speakers and instantly, Caitlyn begun singing terribly at the top of her lungs, her fingers tapping the steering wheel and her head bobbing slightly. There was a brunette boy about her age in the car next to her, sending her a horrified look, causing her stop singing and bobbing almost at once. Quickly shooting him an embarrassed look, she turned off, praying to God that she was going the right way.

-

It wasn't long before she was met with a very colourful campus that could only be identified as Google, and suddenly, she felt as though she was going to throw up. She slowly pulled her car into a park and sat there for a bit, attempting to once again, calm herself down, but of course, she failed miserably. A soft tap on her window caused her head to shoot up, forgetting all attempts to relax.

"Is everything okay?" a girl mouthed to her, giving Cat a sympathetic look. In response, Cat nodded and her window came down,

"Yeah, thanks. Just nervous, I guess." Caitlyn smiled, looking at the other girl. She was quite pretty, with her dark, curly hair, gorgeous brown eyes and she had an amazing smile.

"Me too. I'm Neha." The girl, Neha, replied, grinning at Cat as she stuck her hand into the car for the blonde to shake.

"Caitlyn, but most people just call me Cat," Caitlyn told her, shaking Neha's hand softly. "Uh, we should probably get going, don't want to be late on the first day! Mind if I sit with you?"

"Of course not! Come on, you were right, we should probably hurry." Neha said, opening up the car door for Cat to get out. She smiled thankfully at the odd gesture and did her best not to think of how weird that kinda was. Climbing out, she grabbed her bag and locked the Yaris, following the dark curls of her new friend into the Google building. Her butterflies had basically tripled and she was doing her best not to throw up all over the floor. Not exactly the first impression she was after.

"Come on, we'd better go check in. Damn, you're slow." Neha muttered, surprising Cat completely when she grabbed her arm and begun pulling her towards check in. The feeling of surprise didn't last long because it was soon replaced with a queasy, nervous feeling and all she could think was; 'Holy crap, I actually made it.'.