Chapter 10 - Don't leave me

[Y/N's POV]

The day was quite long yesterday due to what had happened. Of course, we didn't find the guy who tried to kill me.

I felt a hand slide up my shoulder. I turn my head to the hand, eventually noticing Clockwork's usual jacket that she wears in the corner of my eye.

"Hey.", she greets.

Clockwork's been getting comfy around me lately. Ever since that random attacked me at my house, Clockwork has been more... what's the word... more open to me?

She takes a peek at my room which was now closed. "How's the window?", she asks.

I turn my head to my closed door, "It's fine. I think?"

She scoffs, "Certainly didn't look fine when I saw it."

We pause for a bit, maintaining our composure around each other. "I'm sorry.", she mumbles.

I roll my eyes, "I said it's fine, Clocky. Speaking of which, I forgot to tell you your rules now."

I turn to her. Noticing her quizzical and shocked face, I pause. "What? Did I say something wrong?"

She shakes her head, grinning widely. "No, I wanna know what you just called me right there."

I tilt my head, "Call you what? I called you something?"

She playfully punches my shoulder. "C'mon, don't play dumb with me!"

Grinning, I try to hide my giggle. Covering my face to hide my red face, I answer her. "Clocky...", I whisper.

"What's that~? I didn't hear you~."

I uncover my face a bit, making my voice a tad bit louder. "Clocky."

To be honest, I expected her to scold me for calling her that. But once I turned around, her stitched wide grin and blushing face told me otherwise.

She chuckles, leaning closer to my ear to the point I could feel her warm breath hitting my neck. "Feel free to use that nickname more, sleuth boy~."

She struts away with her grin still stuck to her face. Swaying her hips, I watched as she walks into my room.

Smiling like an idiot, I turn back to the TV while holding onto my chest. My face feels warmer by the second and my heart feels like it's trying to punch its way out of my chest. "What's the fuck's happening to me?", I mutter. "My chest feels like it's about to explode."

***
[Y/N's POV]

I step through the doorway to the agency's lobby with Clockwork beside me as always. The door opens, our presence gathering the sour looks of our detectives yet again. Last time it seemed to be directed at Clocky, but now I seem to be a part of the mix as well.

"Oh dear, looks like you guys still hate me!", Clockwork mocks. I've always been impressed with how she can be so relaxed and nonchalant about people who hate her.

One of the detectives approaches me. "I see you're getting buddy-buddy with her, Y/N. Should I remind you that she's still a serial killer that needs to be detained?"

Clocky steps up, "Compared to what some of your other serial killers did? I'd say what I did is precious!"

Everyone frowns at that. I sigh, taking a deep breath in. "She's right."

"Y...You're kidding, right sir?"

I shake my head. "Unfortunately, I'm not. She killed people, yes. There's no denying that Clockwork's actions as a serial killer are inexcusable and even unforgivable. But let's not act like she's the only one who's done terrible things. Unlike all of you, I've had to babysit this moron for what feels like months, and I've seen quite a lot of sides to her."