(TWC) Chapter 8 - What about you?

[Y/N's POV]

Clockwork coughs violently on her bed, prompting me to bring her water close to her reach. She snatches it quickly, chugging down the entire thing in one go. She immediately spots a small empty trash can on my desk, tossing it straight in from the bed.

"Sorry.", she mumbles.

I wanted to ask what she was sorry for, but her gloomy expression told me she currently wasn't in the mood. Was it something that happened in the explosion case?

She looks at me, "Hey, so... are we still gonna do more investigating?"

I pause before shaking my head. "No. After the news reporters exploded themselves in their station, the investigation was called off. Let's just say we're on break now."

Clockwork plops the back of her head on the pillow, causing it to fluff on impact. "So... was I right? Was it one of the news reporters?"

I shrug, "After the stunt that was done by one of them, we thought it was quite obvious. However, some of us are speculating that all four could've been on it."

She chuckles followed by an exhausted sigh. "Ah, I knew it. It was so painfully obvious. What did you think about today's case?", she turns to me, staring at me with her bright green eye.

"It's a bit weird to me how a creative killing plan was so easily found out because of a typo that the culprit made. Feels like they wanted to be caught.", I say.

Clockwork stares up at the window behind me, gazing into the sky. "Yeah... now that you mention it, the typo mistake seemed deliberate."

She stops and looks around the room, "Where am I exactly?"

I half-smile, "My house."

She takes a moment to take in the entire house, even poking the wall behind her a few times.

"I feel like you're judging.", I say while looking up from my phone.

She smiles while looking at the ceiling, "Ah, don't worry, I've been to worse houses."

She's probably referring to the houses she's most likely trespassed before.

I lean back and cross my arms. "So, what are we gonna be doing today?"

She turns to me, slightly confused. "Why are you asking me?"

I shrug, "I was wondering if you have anything fun to do today. I don't wanna relax with you around, and it'll be annoying hearing you bitch and moan about being bored. So, I'll be leaving you in charge of what we do today."

This time, she turns her full torso to me, completely ignoring how her ankles are still healing. She grins, "You sure you aren't making a big mistake~?"

I gulp. "W...Well, you only took me to an Italian restaurant nearby, so..."

She giggles, "No, silly, you took me to an Italian restaurant!"

I sigh, "Whatever, we still went anyway."

"Mhm! So, let's go to your living room, shall we?"

I looked at her ankles, noticing how they no longer looked flabby and broken. "Your ankles are already fully healed?"

She looks down at her feet, picking one up and tapping the bottom of her boot. "Yeah, it is. Anyways, your couch? Let's go!"

She grabs my hand this time to rush me to my couch. She plops me down, followed by flipping herself over the back of the couch.

"Do you have to do that all the time? Can't you just go on a couch like a normal person?"