1 | Almost

It's finally Friday.

Breathing in the icy air, you sigh as you watched a cloud escape between your lips, misting into the frosty breeze. You Ignore the stream of cars that speed past you, their tires grazing over the slippy road. And when a harsh chill of wind blows over you, you clench your fists inside your coat pocket.

You can finally see your home in the near distance, hiding amongst the rows of houses. So you pick up your pace, eager to reach the warmth awaiting you.

You unlock the door with haste, cold fingers fumbling at the lock before slamming it in relief. You kick off your shoes and place them by the door whilst noticing a familiar pair.

Oikawa is here...

Shrugging it off, you continue taking off your coat before making your way through the house. However, as you approached the living room, you hear faint voices conversing, so you slow, raising your eyebrows in curiosity.

"I don't know...she has a great ass though." A male voice spoke, soft and slippery like bittersweet honey.

Recognising it was Oikawa, you stop beside the almost closed door, confused about who they were talking about. You weren't one to eves drop, but this could be fun to tease Iwa with.

"Your sister's pretty cute too," he says with confidence.

"What the fuck, Oikawa?" Iwaizumi's tone raises in defence, and you can't help but raise a hand to your mouth in an instant, closing your eyes as you hold back a laugh.

"I'm kidding!" the boy laughs, "calm down."

"Watch it Oikawa, that's the last time you say stuff like that, or I'll beat you to a pulp," your brother threatened. Although the threat seems as empty as any joke, the words still spill harsh and truthful, lingering all the more dangerously.

You shake your head, rolling your eyes playfully as you laugh to yourself quietly whilst making your way into the kitchen. You certainly find your brother's easy temper amusing, but you have never dared to provoke him yourself. Well, not intentionally...

You go straight to the freezer, taking out your ice cream and grabbing a spoon before sitting down at the countertop to eat it straight from the tub. You begin scrolling through your phone, as usual, mindlessly scrolling until you hear footsteps approaching.

You raise your eyes from your screen instinctively, only to see Oikawa making his way to the fridge. "Hey, Y/N," he says, flashing you a charming smile as he opens the fridge.

"Hey, Oikawa."

Your eyes follow him as he roots through the fridge, not noticing your stupored stare. His warm brown hair sweeps over his hazel eyes that scan each and every food item, and you notice how his muscles flex slightly as he holds the fridge door open. There's no denying that he's attractive, but you don't enjoy indulging in the fact — you prefer to ignore it.

He glances at you, a taunt in his gaze whilst he pulls out a snack and some juice, "Enjoying the view?" he winks.

You look back at your screen, rolling your eyes in an attempt to convince yourself more so than him that that was undoubtedly not the case. "You're so full of it."

"Mhm, and you're a creep who can't help but stare at me." He remarks with a smug grin.

"Don't flatter yourself, it's just amusing to see you try and find the juice." You laugh as he looks at you with a playfully irritable gaze, arrogance getting the better of him.

"Okay, Y/N. Keep trying to convince yourself that." He says, smiling slyly as he makes his way out of the kitchen.

You don't often talk with Oikawa. It sounds strange since he's been friends with your brother since middle school and he's at your house very often. Nevertheless, you always mind to yourself and keep your distance.