Although there was no one around to see me, I hid my smile as I unfold the paper and read it.

Sasuke,

Hey, Sasuke! Miss me? Haha, you don't wanna admit it but I know you do. Anyways, I was a little worried since you said you were heading to the Hidden Grass Village and it usually takes multiple days to get there...so I put some extra granola bars in there for you! I couldn't decide between almond and oatmeal raisin so I put both! I was gonna put a cup ramen too but they said that wouldn't fit in the messenger hawk's bag. Anyways, hope your trip is going well! Hope you come home soon.

From: You're friend

. . .

I cringe at his incorrect usage of "you're" and "your".

"That loser," I mutter, picking up the snacks he brought me and putting them in my bag.

Holding the envelope, I realize he also put a blank sheet of paper and a pen in there. I shake my head and softly chuckle. That idiot wants me to write him back.

I fold it gently and place it in the pocket inside my cloak. Maybe later.

~

**Two weeks later**

Before I begin leaving the Hidden Grass Village, I take a moment to rest against a tree.

I take out a rice ball that I bought from the market and take a bite. Almost immediately, a few kittens come out and beg for some of my food. Giving in to their begs, I give them some of my rice.

As they're eating, I see a messenger hawk fly towards me

As they're eating, I see a messenger hawk fly towards me. I remove the envelope in the bag and rip it open. This time, a picture of Team 7 falls out. It was the picture we had all taken when we first became genin. I smile, remembering all the crazy missions we went on together.

When I take out the letter, I recognize the same messy handwriting. That loser.

. . .

Sasuke,

Hey! How ya been? It's been 2 weeks and I haven't heard back, hope you're not dead haha! Just kidding, I can sense your chakra when I'm in Sage Mode, ya know! But anyways, you'll never believe what happened. Sakura and Hinata are dating! Can you believe it?? Honestly, I thought she'd end up with Ino, but still! I'm happy for them, although now it means I'm a third wheel when we go on missions sometimes...it's fine though (it's not). Also, I hope you liked the granola bars I sent last time! They ran out this time, so I thought I should send something more memorable. I realized you probably have nothing to remember us by, so I had Kakashi-sensei (apparently we gotta call him "Lord Hokage" now but it just doesn't sound right) make a copy of our genin picture. Don't lose it, he won't let me send another one! But anyways, I hope you come home soon. I really miss you. A lot. And write me back, damn it!