Into each others eyes

"1.4m¥, for this? Make it 1.3m¥"

"Sounds like a deal" Shi tosses the keys to the buyer of the white sports car he wrecked in the other day. He was now sitting on a decent wad of cash at this point. In the skyline he separated his cash for rent and utilities and cash for things he wanted. He checked his phone and saw he had a text from momo.

-----In Text-----

Momoe: "Shi can I see you tomorrow?"

Shi: "of course, I will be free for a while now"

Momoe: "Thank you, there is just something that has been bugging me"

Shi: "Tomorrow I'm all ears for you"

----End of Texting----

Once Tomorrow had come he went to go pick her up. He was hoping there was potential for a good day but there was a part of that chat that had him worried. "Something has been bugging me". Bugging is a very loose term, from a crooked picture to a nonchalant way of saying something emotional eating them up inside. He had a very bad feeling of the latter, but he'll only know about the bridge when it needs to be crossed.

He eventually got to the spot and she got in. She was dressed nicely today, her outfit didn't have the usual boyish charm to it.

"What's the occasion?" He inquires

"I'll tell you later" is all she has to say

The feeling in his gut seems more like the only possible outcome.

"What do you say we go get some ice cream. Especially with weather like this. Ice cream would feel real good wouldn't it?" Shi proposes the idea of a treat but all momoe does is nod.

They got some ice cream and sat in his car to eat it, the A/C lightly blowing to keep them just cool enough.

"Look, I don't want to poke and prod and ask too many questions if you don't want to tell me. But I need to know if you're feeling alright." the question comes out with a distinct feeling of worry over it. When her eyes got glassy that's when he knew there was a problem. He grabbed the finished cups of ice cream and pitched them in the nearest trash can to which he got back in and closed the windows.

"Do I look like a boy to you?" She asks him trying her hardest not to break down.

"No, no of course not. Why do you ask?" The question had him perplexed

"This is the second boy who had to turn me down because he was mistaken that I was a boy! The second time! I can't stand to look at myself anymore" at this point the tears started flowing so Shi learned over and gave her a hug.

"You're fine just the way you are and don't let anyone or yourself tell you otherwise." Shi consoled her. They sat there for a moment until momoe backed up and the two of them locked eyes. Their hearts felt heavier. They weren't sure what they were doing or why. They leaned closer towards each other, eyes closed, heads tilted until..... it was sealed. Well Rika's jokes the other night hold no weight at all now. They took a moment to face each other again.

"Would you like to go watch a movie at my house? I can go pick one up?" He asks her

"I'd love to" She says happily. The tone of sadness was gone completely.

To be continued....

This might have been a controversial thing to do but I wanted to help with the development of momoe's character, like the description says the objective of all of this is to help everyone through the battles they face.

I was met with quite a difficult dilemma whenever I was going about this, I could've either developed Nieru like I was originally planning or I could've help with the established issues that Momoe had faced. I understand if you dislike what I'm going for here but this will not be the forefront of this story I assure you.

Like always be sure to drop a vote and even a comment if you feel so inclined if you did like the story and like where I am taking it. Thank you for Reading!