ꜱᴜʀᴘʀɪꜱᴇ.

Start from the beginning

First, grab invisibility potions.

Second, take off your armor.

Third, get in the box.

It was a simple procedure, and if it failed... well that'd be unfortunate. Tommy started to take off his armor, while Ghostbur stood confused at the now invisible boy. "Why would you need t- OH, you can't let- yes, yes! Yes, hide!" Ghostbur exclaimed, coming to realization.

Tommy started to feel the panic rise in him. He didn't do well in high-pressure situations. They weren't exactly his forte. "Why would you- why would you invite him over, Ghostbur?!" Tommy yelled, his breathing becoming more and more unsteady.

"I'm sorry, I forgot." Ghostbur whined, looking out the window. He quickly noticed the masked man, leading his blue sheep. "Quickly, hide Tommy!" He whispered. Tommy nodded even though Ghostbur wouldn't be able to see. He covered the lid on his box and covered his mouth with his hands, desperately trying to calm himself down. He felt his heart pumping, his adrenaline rising. Just then, the door creaked open, and Tommy felt his heart drop. "Please, make yourself at home! Make yourself a home." Ghostbur cheered, leading Dream inside.

Dreams footsteps creaked throughout the house. Tommy was practically holding his breath at this point. "Do you... do you live here now?" Dream asked, looking back at Ghostbur.

"No no no, this is just- this is just where I've been for a little while. Y/N said I could stay here for a little bit, so this is where I've been spending a bit of time!" Ghostbur smiled.

Dream hummed before turning back around, observing the house as if he was looking for something. "Um, I have a question for you..." He trailed off, noticing a journal on the ground. Picking it up, he flipping through the pages. Tommy was watching through the small cracks in the box, instantly recognizing the journal Dream was holding.

It was his sign language journal.

Tommy felt the panic rise even more, but he couldn't dare utter a peep. His eyes were stinging, threatening tears burning him while he tried to silence his hyperventilating.

"Yeah? What's wrong, Dream?" Ghostbur spoke innocently, grabbing the book from Dream.

Dream looked back at Ghostbur suspiciously. "Have you seen Tommy?" He asked, holding his wrists behind his back.

"....No." Ghostbur spoke bluntly. Tommy opened his mouth in shock, surprised that Ghostbur lied. It wasn't easy for Ghostbur to lie, and Tommy was pretty sure it was against his morals.

"Okay." Dream replied, turning back around and facing the fire. "Alright, well you're around this whole area, right? Have you seen him anywhere around here, at all?" Dream added.

"....No." Ghostbur spoke bluntly once more.

"M'kay." Dream stared into the fire. Neither Ghostbur or Tommy could pick up what he was thinking. "Also, I have a question for you down here." Dream said, heading to the basement. Curiosity getting the best of Tommy, he quietly got out of his box and followed. "Technoblade told me about this the other day, but on this- on this list..." Dream said, referring to the odd sign out.

"Yeah these were written by Tommy." Ghostbur smiled, ruining the progress he made.

Dream stared at Ghostbur for a moment before speaking. "When?" His voice came off a little more demanding than he intended.

"I don't know, but he just showed me them earlier." Ghostbur obliviously stated. "Oh I-" He said, quickly coming back to realization. "He showed..." Ghostbur mumbled, staring back at the sign. "Uhhh, he told me to come and look for them. This is his to-do list, uh, 'Sell foot', see?" Ghostbur awkwardly tried to cover. Tommy could feel himself fall into dread as Ghostbur kept slipping up. He quickly returned to his box covering the lid. Ghostbur continued to speak. "Why are you staring blankly?" He asked awkwardly.