"I'm not mad Mateo. I was just worried because I didn't know if something happened." I say truthfully. "Now come on, let's enter this boring class." He chuckles and nods his head before leading us into the class. We take our usual seats which are at the back of the classroom.

The bell rings and everyone seems to be situated in their seats. Ms. Garcia stands up at the front of the classroom with a wide smile. I'll never know how teachers actually like being here in the morning.

"Good Morning class. Today you will read a chapter from the reading I have set on your desk and answer the questions on the worksheet that is also on the desk. You have till the end of class." She moves back to her desk and does whatever she does on her computer.

I grab the worksheet and Mateo does the same. We talk during class but we still manage to get the work done. I don't want to take it for homework when I already have other assignments to complete. Since it's Monday, I usually try to finish most of the assignments that way I have free time throughout the week. It's honestly tiring but worth it at the end.

"You wanna go to the diner after school and finish assignments?" I turn my head at the sound of Mateo's voice. His eyebrows are furrowed as his eyes scan the questions. He always looks so cute when he's focused.

He looks up at me and smiles. He's so handsome. Ugh how can someone be so attractive. It's like when you see someone you like so much that all you want to do is stare at them and memorize every little feature about them. Okay that sounds weird but when you're in love I guess this is how it is.

"Yeah I'm down," I respond and look back down onto the worksheet.

We work in silence for ten minutes, but eventually the silence is broken by the classroom door opening. Just our luck, Reuben walks in and walks up to Ms. Garcia's desk. Why does he have to be in here? Literally out of all the classrooms this has to be his class. Mateo scoffs besides me and my eyes drift off of Reuben to Mateo.

He's just looking at Reuben with an angry expression. Yeah he definitely doesn't like him. He has a good reason too. I don't like Reuben even though I haven't met him. He seems cocky and stuck up. He looks like the type of person who gets what they want without even trying. I mean all the girls in the classroom are already staring him down.

Enough about Reuben, I need to focus on my school work. I'm sure he got the hint this morning that I don't want to get to know him and I'm sure he knows Mateo feels the same. Maybe we're too harsh...I don't even know.

"I don't like him," Mateo grumbles beside me as we work on the assignment. I don't like Reuben either but then again we haven't actually talked to him.

"Same. He gives off a weird vibe." I say as I look up from my paper and meet Mateo's figure. His arms are crossed over his chest and his eyebrows are furrowed. I smirk at him knowing he's jealous.

"You're jealous," I say and poke his cheek. He rolls his eyes and lets out a breath. "Of course I'm jealous. He tried getting at you at the bowling alley AND today." He exclaims while raising his voice a little. People start turning around and my cheeks heat up.

"Well there's nothing to be jealous about. I have you and I only want you. Okay?" He seems to relax a bit once I finish my sentence.

He uncrosses his arms and moves a strand of my hair behind my ear. A smile spreads across his face and his cheeks turn a little pink.

"My beautiful girl."

"Awww what a wholesome moment," Mateo and I look up and see Reuben standing there. His bottom lip sticks out a bit as he's trying to tease us. I roll my eyes and scoff.

"What is your problem?" I say getting irritated by him. "We literally have not done ANYTHING to you and still you continue to act like this. There's no point in trying to talk to us, we don't want to get to know you." I finish my statement confidently. Hopefully he gets the message.

"Well you're wrong about one thing my dear Veronica. I only want to get to know you," he points his index finger at me for a second and then moves it to Mateo. "Not him. So when you finally realize that you are missing out, you know I'll be waiting." He winks at me and begins to walk off, but Mateo grabs his arm and stands up. Please I literally can't do this today. It's seven in the morning.

"You don't talk to her like that, especially in front of me. What makes you think you're the shit. Huh?" Mateo's aggressive voice says and Reuben has a smirk on his face. How does he find everything so amusing?

"Mateo, Reuben. Is there a problem?" Ms. Garcia asks and stands up from her desk. Mateo lets go of Reuben's arm and shoves him a bit. Reuben stumbles a bit but straightens up right away. His eyes fix themselves on me and he smiles.

"There's nothing wrong Ms. Garcia. Just telling Mateo how excited I am to be friends with him." He replies. His eyes take themselves off of me and he begins to walk to an empty seat. Mateo sits back down and looks at me. Yeah he's mad, and he's not going to let this go at all. I tilt my head and send him an awkward smile. I hope the next words make him feel better.

"Umm at least we're out of school next week."