04 | THE PRISON BREAK

Start from the beginning

The drive to their destination was exhausting. Throughout the ride, Peter kept on babbling pick up lines, which are mostly just cheesy ones that makes her cringe though she can't deny that his words are indeed smooth. She made a mental note to put on some music for their next ride. Probably a song from Lesley Gore.

As soon as they arrived at the Pentagon, they immediately left the car. With Peter bidding him good luck and since she thought that it would be rude if she didn't say it back, she also wished him good luck.

The three of them, Logan, her, and Charles made their way to the kitchen. None of them dared to speak. But as they get closer, Cascade uses her ability to turn the camera away from their direction, or just outright breaking it so that it won't be able to capture their faces. When they entered the room, the employees were already evacuating and the sprinkler was sprinkling water all over the place, causing their clothes to become somehow drenched in water.

Two guards approached them, guns in their hands and pointed in their direction. Charles tried talking to them, but it yielded nothing. Sighing, she flicks her wrist and their guns go to her hands. Before they could even process what happened, Logan attacked them.

"Sorry, I am not good with violence," he says to the man as he goes to the unconscious guard and gets the key in his pocket.

He uses it to open the elevator door and when it did, they were welcomed by a familiar face and another distantly familiar one. The man named Erik flickered his gaze from her and then to his old friend, Charles. Probably wondering what they're doing here. "Charles?" he calls his name. Instead of embracing him, Charles went for violence and punched Erik on his jaw. Causing the latter to fall on the ground. "Good to see you too, old friend and walking!"

"No, thanks to you," says Charles, bitterness in his voice.

While Cascade was busy playing with the gun, making it levitate to the air, she noticed Erik staring at her. So she stops on what she's doing and looks at him, raising a brow. "Excuse me?"

The man smiles, nostalgia all over his face and then it shifts to sadness. Perhaps when he looked at her, he remembered the face of her deceased mother. Sometimes it made her wonder why she had to look somewhat like her mother. "You must be Cascade," he said.

She nods her head. "I do not remember you."

A small smile makes its way to his face. "I know."

When Charles looked at her, his eyes widened as though he was about to have a heart attack. "Cassie, for the love of heavens, put the gun down." She does what he said.

"You're the last person I expected to see today," Erik says. He might not say or show it, she could feel that he's happy to see his friend.

"Believe me. I wouldn't be here if I didn't have to. If we get you out of here, we do it my way, no killing."

Erik points to his head. "No helmet. I couldn't disobey you even if I wanted to."

Charles takes a step closer to his friend. "I need your word, Erik"

She halts, forehead creasing. She hears a couple of heartbeats coming towards their direction. "Charles, there are people coming in our direction," she informs him.

A moment later, guards came in, guns in their hands and pointed at them."Nobody move!" The guards spread across the room. "Hold it right there!"

"Charles."

"Don't move. Hands up or we will shoot you!"

"Freeze them."

"I can't."

The utensils inside the room started to shake, then all of those started to float in the air. Her head snaps to Charles' direction, who's trying to stop Erik from doing what he's doing while Logan's claws are already coming out. She was about to help them when all of a sudden, Peter was on the other side of the room and the guards scattered on the ground, unconscious. The utensils drop to the ground.

She grits her teeth. She was the first one to go out of the room. She's so done. She just wants to go home. So she leaves the four of them inside the kitchen, giving Peter a tap on his shoulder before she does but also taking another mental note to tell Hank what just happened.