She couldn't resist the urge to do some research of her own. She turned to the internet, typing in each of the words she had heard to learn their meaning. As she read through the search results, she felt a knot form in her stomach.

Initially, she thought that her mom had gone crazy after her divorce from her dad and joined a cult or something, but then her suspicion increased when her dad started to leave with her mom when he used to visit and also the fact that he always had a bag full of hunting gadgets with him. And he was no hunter, he loves animals or at least she thinks he did. Truthfully Caroline doesn't know anymore.

Nonetheless, she decided to ignore all the happenings around her coming to the conclusion that her parents had finally gone mad...that and she had more important things to do, like becoming the cheer captain and leading a bunch of committees. But that was until she met an actual vampire and it was a life-changing experience.

She was in London on a vacation with her dad and his boyfriend. Now that she thinks about it...she was third-wheeling so hard. One morning her dad handed her his credit card (a wrong decision on his part) and said she could go shopping and buy whatever she wanted (again a very wrong decision) as he had "A JOB to take care of" and announced that he would pick her up once he was done.

Caroline couldn't believe her luck when her dad handed her his credit card and told her she could go shopping in London. She had always dreamed of shopping in the fashionable city, and now she had the chance to do just that.

As she walked down the busy streets, Caroline felt a sense of excitement and freedom wash over her. She could buy whatever she wanted, without any restrictions or limits.

But as she wandered through the stores, trying on dresses and shoes, Caroline couldn't help but feel a twinge of loneliness. Her dad and his boyfriend were off doing their own thing, and she was left to explore the city on her own.

As she was giving the phrase shop till you drop a new meaning, the fact that it was already late completely slipped her mind. Well in her defence her dad didn't come to pick her up yet and once she starts to shop, she can't stop.

When she was wandering around, with a caramel latte and a bunch of shopping bags in her hands, she was all of a sudden pulled into a dark and empty ally with a hand covering her mouth preventing her from screaming for help. That day she thought that this was it, she was going to die. She was going to die before miss mystic falls, before getting her first boyfriend, before wearing the cute summer dress she just brought that made her look like an adult.

A million thoughts were going through her head, that was until she saw her captor's face. He was too good-looking for a criminal, he had curled dirty blond hair and dark blue-green eyes that contrasts with his pearl-white skin. She was so mesmerised that she stops struggling in his arms. That was until his face changed into somewhat like a monster, with bloodshot eyes and veins popping out under his eyes. 

She struggled against the grip on her, but it was too strong. She felt a cold, clammy hand slide up her arm, and she shuddered. She was trapped, with no one around to help her. All she could do was close her eyes and pray for a miracle.

In the dimly lit alley, the young blonde trembled as her captor leaned in closer, his fangs bared and ready to pierce her flesh. She closed her eyes tightly and braced herself for the inevitable. But as his breath ghosted over her neck, she had started to ramble.

"Please don't kill me," she pleaded, her voice trembling. "I have not even had my first kiss unless you count the spin the bottle in 6th grade with Tyler, or had my first boyfriend. I have not even become Miss Mystic Falls and prom queen yet. Please let me go, I'm sure you will find someone more delicious to eat than me. Please don't kill me, please."