Hidden Secrets

Dion Walkins

Dion Walkins

Folashadé Parkland

Folashadé Parkland

_______________

"So when are we gonna tell our parents we have a kid?"

"Who is we?"

"Folashade, be serious. Our parents don't know we have a 1 year old. And you don't think it's gonna be weird if they come visit us and they see a random toddler running around."

"Again who is we?"

"Folashade.....be serious."

"Dion....they gon' beat our ass for having a baby in college on top of us hiding her for a year. Then add on to the fact that we moved in together."

"So we might as well get it over with."

"Dion, you know our parents. It's not gone be that easy. My dad is gonna have a fit, your dad is gonna whoop your ass. We can't."

The young couple stood in their kitchen looking at each other because there wasn't anything they could say. They had hid so much stuff from their parents that there wasn't anything that they could do, most people would say they're adults so it wasn't anything that could be done to them. However when their parents were the ones helping pay for school it's the least they could do was include them. They didn't have bad relationships with their parents so they always tried to include them in life impacting. Folashade knew that both her and Dion's mothers were gonna be upset because they always spoke about how they wanted to be there whenever Folashade got pregnant  in the future, but not while she was in college. The pair had been doing a good job at being full time students, working full time and being full time parents.

When they found out that she  was pregnant with their sweet little Tate, they decided in that moment that they would keep it between them. Because they felt like they got themselves into this situation and they should be adult enough to figure it out. Dion made sure Folashade knew he wasn't going anywhere, he helped her procreate then he was gonna help her raise their baby. A year later they had a bubbly, bright and energetic one year old running around bringing their worlds and lives together.