Chapter VIII: "Maybe it's a good thing" pt.2

SCP 035 was seen cornered by the platoon of guards that had entered divided into the two elevators. 049 hadn't found out about that until he heard there was too much movement, looked out of a window in his cell, and saw that the possessive mask was in trouble. They were threatening him to stay low and at that, 035's expression changed from comedy to tragedy.

-Guard 1: This is the only suspect here, well, except for the poor guy who ended up injured here. The humanoid is contained as always but I still don't know how this guy managed to escape.

-Guard 2: Who knows what this weirdo would be able to do if he escapes from here. Also, it is strange that he is so submissive, he is supposed to be a Keter.

-Guard 1: Let's just wait for their caretakers to arrive and go to lunch--

The plague doctor interrupted them by breaking the window glass and slowly approached them, he was furious.
The guards pointed their weapons at him but he didn't flinch and took 035 gently.

-049: If you allow me, I'll take it for a while~

Guard 1: W-what are you doing, 049?! You can't take it like it's nothing! D-don't make us shoot!

-049: Do you think your bullets are going to hurt me? You should know.

They were all shaking in fear that one of the SCPs would do something dangerous and had no idea how to act in such a situation without avoiding casualties. Most knew that if they tried to stop them they would not get out of there alive.

-Guard 3: C-call my mom...

-Guard 4: We all want that but don't be an idiot!

-Guard 1: Be quiet! S-someone else sinking?

Suddenly, strange sounds were heard, as if someone were walking on something squinting and that was, SCP-106 felt the panic and fear of the soldiers.
He took advantage of his distraction and his screams of terror were drowned out as the old man dragged them into his pocket dimension.

The doctor repositioned the possessive body mask that he was using previously.

-049: I don't know if we'll be safe here, but it's not safe to escape either-- W-what are you doing?!

The humanoid blushed completely as he felt his beloved take him firmly by the hand.

-035: If you are afraid, I will protect you. I am here, you are not alone.

After saying those words, he hugged the doctor to calm him down and he reciprocated.

-049: You're taking advantage of this to flirt, right?

-035: A little, hehe. Maybe this is a good thing~

-049: I love you.

-035: T-this is the first time I've heard that from someone, it's a bit embarrassing.

-049: Well this won't be the only time you hear it from me~ But now, we must flee. Something tells me it's going to get worse, do you have the access card?

-035: Y-yes.

They both took the elevator and as soon as they arrived, they saw that everything was in chaos.
Apparently an experiment had gotten out of control again, everyone fled and screamed in despair, calling for help. They all headed for the floodgates without success as they weren't allowed to use them so the SCPs wouldn't escape.

The atmosphere seemed like a true horror movie, the alarms kept ringing and dangers lurked in the scraps and behind doors. The one who had escaped appeared to be SCP-008, the gas that turned everyone into zombies.

-035: And now, what do we do?

-049: No one is stopping us from taking a walk together.

-035: Good idea.

The plague doctor and the possessive mask held hands, walking calmly while the rest of the people tried to survive.
They wandered around for a long time, taking advantage of the fact that no one was paying attention to them.

Suddenly, the mask looked his lover in the eyes, he wrapped his arms around his neck to hug him.

-035: It seems that someone is very affectionate~

-049: It's obvious, silly. Hahaha.

-035: What will we do when everyone is gone?

-049: I don't know, normally when something like this happens I just stay in my cell and if not close to it.

-035: Then, I will accompany you.

-049: If you want we can leave whenever you want, for me there is no problem.

-035: It wouldn't be very useful, I can't keep a body for a long time.

-049: Hmm ... You're right.

To be continue...