T W E N T Y

☆

..:* BABY BLUES ..:*
act two — the pregnancy
(🤍🦋👼🏼💌)

The air was colder than normal that February morning, even if it was nearing the beginning of the Spring season, and Lando and Thea were wrapped up in their winter coats and their wolly hats, Lando proudly sporting his Mclaren beanie.

The pair had decided to go on a morning walk to calm their minds after the week in Barcelona and before the first Grand Prix in Australia the second weekend of March. It was a new thing for them to be doing as they typically only walked around the forest near their home if it was warmer and sunnier; but they had no problem with this particular weather. The coldness gave them the opportunity to be close to each other as they walked and the ability to get warmth off of the other.

The walk around the forest wasn't a massive walk, yet long enough for a pregnant woman to complain about. They had only been walking for thirty minutes before Thea let out her first complaint. "Lando, why did you agree with this idea?"

"Because it's good for us both, babe." He let out a small chuckle, watching as she rolled her eyes, his answer obviously not being the one that she expected.

"But it's so cold." She groaned, shoving her hands into both of the pockets of her oversized coat as if it would make her any warmer in that moment of time. Whilst doing this, she slowly moved into Lando's side so he could warm her up a bit more, which did. Taking his hand out of his own pockets, he placed his into hers before intertwining their fingers together. Running his thumb over her knuckles, Thea sent him an appreciative smile as she rested her head on his shoulder whilst they walked.

"How about after we've finished walking, we'll go to the cafe and see Margaret for a bit? We've not been in a while." He suggested to the woman, her mood instantly being more positive at the thought of seeing the woman she classed as another grandmother.

"Really?" Thea asked Lando, slightly lifting her head to look at him, seeing him nod with a smile on his face before placing her head back down with a content sigh leaving her mouth. "You've not seen her for a while, I saw her a few days before we left for Barcelona. She gave me a free slice of cake."

"And you didn't bring me any home? Wow I feel betrayed by you both." He teased her with a jokey annoyed tone to his voice, causing Thea to giggle at him and sarcastically apologise.

"Blame your child, love, it's his fault. He was hungry and when he's hungry, so am I." She laughed, catching a few smiles off of the small family who were walking past them with their dog on a lead. As soon as the dog saw the couple, it was as if it could tell that Thea was pregnant as it ran straight over to them and starting sniffing Thea's stomach. "Hello you. Aren't you the cutest?" She cooed at the dog, a golden retriever to be exact, bending over slightly to stroke its golden fur.