Was it an invasion of privacy? Probably. Yes.

Could Six help himself? No.

Each Spartan he had known had some uniqueness, Four regularly sang to herself while doing just about anything, a former squad mate (now headhunter Three) always moved his tongue a bunch whenever he focused, his old squad leader always knew how to use equipment or weapons within thirty seconds of it getting put in her hands (but she was blinded in a training accident a few days before Six and the others got shipped off to headhunter camp, and he hadn't seen or heard from any of his old company since), etc.

Six thought it was therapeutic to be able to hear his teammates, even if it was just breathing, and Four singing was just a bonus.

He shook himself from his thoughts as he finished the check on Four's armor, then checked his dart gun (in case things went south), suppressed SMG (in case things went even more south), and highly experimental active camo unit. Each Spartan took one weapon in each hand, activated their camo (the tech only worked once reliably, and it was somewhat time limited), and pulled themselves through separate maintainence doors.

Six headed for the O2 systems, and Four headed to the grunts' methane dispenser system

-Headhunter 6, Spartan B-0312-

Six had a fairly straight shot through the maintenance corridors, which were thankfully set up to have at least skirmishers move through them comfortably, so Six could still somewhat maneuver without scraping too many walls. He did have to move to a main tunnel once right outside the O2 system room, and saw a Kig-Yar adjusting the jackal equivalent of pants and yawning.

Six took the opportunity to send a sleep dart into the bird thing's neck. The Kig-Yar gave a slight squack and grabbed its neck, then keeled over and started snoring.

Six snuck over and took back the dart from the Jackal's neck, and palmed the door open, then sent two more darts at two grunts taking a break over in a corner playing a game with card-like chips that somewhat resembled go fish.

The grunts' smaller frames meant they fell asleep faster than the Kig-Yar, and they didn't even make a noise as they slumped over on the ground. Six moved quickly, extracting two more darts, then going to work on the life support.

-Headhunter 4, later known as Gates-

Four did not like the maintenance tunnels leading to the grunt area of the station, they were tiny and probably only designed with the floating covenant engineers in mind. Four usually didn't mind small spaces, as she was pretty small for a Spartan, only 5' 6" (quite a few of the doctors were genuinely confused as to how the augmentation didn't make her taller), but there were at least two instances where she had to suck her chest in and tighten her chest plate to the point where it hurt in order to squeeze through.

The tunnel she was currently squeezing through ended in a collapsed and sparking cave in, something that tipped her off to the fact that none of the tech-savy gas bags were on station. She groaned and had to backtrack for five minutes, before popping out of a hatch and clinging to the ceiling.

Four let out a sigh of relief as she loosened her armor and the pressure on her breasts went away, allowing her to breathe again.

After she was situated, she started climbing along the ceiling of the hallway, over the heads of grunts heading to and from their quarters.

Four slipped in a maintenance door that was blissfully large and arrived at the massive methane tank and production equipment that allowed for grunts to survive with their backpacks.

She popped open a hatch, activated the bio weapon, tossed it inside, and closed it, then went back the way she had come, glad that the exit airlock was close enough that she didn't have to enter the engineer tunnels again.